POLL : Carlos Carvalhal - Back Him or Sack Him?

Carlos Carvalhal - Sack Him or Back Him?  

690 members have voted

1. 1. Carlos Carvalhal - Sack Him or Back Him?

• SACK HIM
    • BACK HIM
  2. 2. Has the start to the season been good enough?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Are you happy with the entertainment factor at Hillsborough?

• YES
    • NO

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah that's fair/true

Good point well made

So are you suggesting the chairman should go?

I'm suggesting he should get his fair share of the stick seeing as there's been a mess up with the finances - and he's the one in charge of finances. 

IMO, sacking Carlos solves nothing in the long term - the next manager will have the same squad of players with no money to bring in his own players

Edited by KivoOwl

4 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I'm suggesting he should get his fair share of the stick seeing as there's been a mess up with the finances - and he's the one in charge of finances. 

IMO, sacking Carlos solves nothing in the long term - the next manager will have the same squad of players with no money to bring in his own players

And the same people would be calling for change... once a bedwetter always a bedwetter

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

And the same people would be calling for change... once a bedwetter always a bedwetter

That's not true though mate

People have different opinions and some change their opinions based on facts

I'm still backing Carlos but it's getting harder with each game

Owlstalk Shop

We've just taken a point away from home, anyone would think that Burton has thrashed us at Hillsborough. FF is a vey talented willy puller, Man Utd can carry the odd problem player, we can't, he's not up for it so get rid and let's try to stabilise the squad. If Big Sam came to us I'd have to accept CC's departure, but when I see some of the management merrygo round 'experts' giving their 'expert' views, my blood runs cold.

Be very careful what you wish for guys.

Ive always been a big supporter of Carlos ,but i just think his time is up. He has run out of ideas , and his stubbornness and refusal to change his negative tactics is now costing us big time.

1 win from 5 this season is bad enough, but  the problems go back to last season. His negative tactics cost us in the play offs . He insists on sitting deep and hoping for a 1-0 win. 

I just feel its time for a change and get someone in who can get all this talent playing as a team playing attacking football. 

4 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

But its true,we have only played 5....................not difficult to understand,last season has no bearing on this at all.

Last season has no bearing? Only if you are happy that we haven't improved areas that obviously needed it, and are happy to continue the awful football last year, into this year.

Just now, optimisticowl said:

when I see some of the management merrygo round 'experts' giving their 'expert' views, my blood runs cold.

Be very careful what you wish for guys.

Soooooooo true

Ask any of them who would replace Carlos and then sit in shock and horror at some of the names they throw up

(most of them can't name anyone though - because there IS nobody there to do a better job)

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's not true though mate

People have different opinions and some change their opinions based on facts

I'm still backing Carlos but it's getting harder with each game

Really ? You'll find the same people baying for Gray's head are the one's doing the same now...coincidence...methinks not

20 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Carlos getting the blame when Chansiri has messed up on FFP is utterly ridiculous. 

We've got an aging squad of top half players. 

We needed to evolve with 4/5 top players this summer - we've signed 0 because we've reached our FFP limit. 

Carlos aint to blame for that

Exactly.

The Rhodes signing looks more ridiculous by the minute.

This is the likeliest response to our slow start, and mutterings about sacking the manager......

Mr C will support Carlos.

We'll sell a couple of players.

We'll use the money to bring in players Carlos is now asking for.

Mr C and Carlos will hope player changes make a difference.

Last season we all stomached some pretty awful performances and kept the faith even though we were so lucky on so many occasions to get the points. However Huddersfield in the play offs was when my mind was made up. Went out with a whimper, unforgivable! 

The start to this season, points and results aside, we are the same, clueless, timid, rigid, ageing poor outfit. We look scared to play. We have a squad that doesnt gel together, no pace and players having hissy fits.

He cannot be in charge for another minute for me. 

Get rid now and get a manager in pronto and back him with a couple of signings!

12 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

We all saw the problems with the team in the play off final with Hull. The team that day was simply not good enough.

Carlos didn't address that problem last season and he hasn't addressed it this season. The fact that we've started games with the same side that lost against Hull speaks volumes.

he bottled it in the play offs last season. He played for a draw away at Huddersfield but still went conservative in the home game. The play offs were there for the taking last season and we messed up royally. I doubt we will get an easier chance.

He had had 3 transfer windows to address the defensive problems and still hasn't done anything about it. With players like we have in the squad we should be scoring for fun.

But yeah, blame the chairman for picking the team and the tactics.