Rhodes linked with Villa and Wolves

Rhodes shouldn't be going anywhere. Carlos needs to go before he does.

Last season was his lowest scoring season for 7 years, hardly surprising given our set up is it. Before that he had scored:

23, 22, 40, 28, 25, 21, 17

Whatever level you are playing at, the amount of goals he has scored has to be one of the best in English football over this period of time. You don't become a bad striker just like that and at 27 , he's hardly old !!!

Going to stick my neck out here folks, but i firmly believe that to get the best from Rhodes he has to play with Winnall as his strike partner. He looks much more comfortable with that set up as opposed to him and Hoops and or FF or Fletcher.

Has Jordan been a disappointment since his arrival, then most would say, based on his previous goal scoring record, that it is an unqualiied yes. However, his lack of goal scoring is probably more to do with our set up and what we are asking him to do in his striker role.

Look, I understand those who say get rid of him and FF,  to allow funds to be used to strengthen other areas of the team, but Rhodes is a player who will come good for us but only with a tactical shift and an appreciation of his attributes. 

Strikers are feast or famine merchants, and it is entirely possible that his style of play just doesn't quite suit that of most of our other strikers, who partner him. For me personally, perseverance with Rhodes will reap the rewards.

Take the money because we should never have brought him in. We didn't need him. We had quality strikers but needed to strengthen other areas. We need to bring in a quality CB, a midfield beast and some pace. We should sell Rhodes and Forestieri, Rhodes wasn't needed and doesn't suit how we play, Forestieri is too much trouble than he's worth to the team, reinvest into the team by finally bringing in what we need.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

39 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Take the money because we should never have brought him in. We didn't need him. We had quality strikers but needed to strengthen other areas. We need to bring in a quality CB, a midfield beast and some pace. We should sell Rhodes and Forestieri, Rhodes wasn't needed and doesn't suit how we play, Forestieri is too much trouble than he's worth to the team, reinvest into the team by finally bringing in what we need.

I think one of the biggest problems at the moment is that we are worried to let quality players go in order to generate funds, because none of us are sure that they would be spent wisely or in the right areas of the team

52 minutes ago, AMB1867 said:

If Carlos is still in charge at the end of August, let him go

When the window closes you mean? Good shout 

:goalie:

all this talk of finishing fourth means nothing last season has gone , this season is a whole new ball game  and Rhodes will be part of it , then it's up to carlos to make sure he gets the players to give him service then the goals will come

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

That's because as hundreds have already stated ...... He ain't getting the service......simples

Why is it that Hooper, FF, and Fletcher can all score goals with the service the strikers receive, but Jordan Rhodes cannot?

11 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

Anyone who has played football at any level would know that was just a case of throwing yourself at the ball getting something, anything on it . He didn't take aim didn't have time to direct it the fact it didn't go in was more down to bad luck than bad finishing 

Yes i know, but my point is if it had been the big lump missing that chance he would have been murdered on here!

It's actually laughable that some of our fans are claiming that Rhodes' best days are long gone, and that we should get rid after half a season.

The guy is the most prolific goal scorer in the history of this league, you don't just lose that ability. Yes his confidence is low and he probably needs a couple of things to fall his way but once he's up and running he'll be back to his best. From what I've seen his attitude and work rate are top class.

Some of our fans are just embarrassing.

9 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Yes i know, but my point is if it had been the big lump missing that chance he would have been murdered on here!

Probably because the big lump has been below par since the day he arrived at the club. His goal scoring record for a striker is awful. Nice guy but shouldn't be in our squad if we have any real ambition, 

I'm sure Fletcher, Hooper and Winnall would love the team to built round them, and to have 5 clear cut chances a game laid on for them.

They just get on with it though, showing more all round effort and ability than Rhodes has.

Why can nobody see that we haven't got the time to wait for Rhodes to come good? How often do we criticise England managers for picking players on reputation rather than form?

I'm sure if we did change our entire line up and tactics just for Rhodes, he would probably do better, but why should we when we have other strikers that don't require this ?

He doesn't deserve to be in the team, we should never have signed him, the immunity from being dropped is probably affecting the other strikers moral and we are getting offers for him from other clubs.

What am I missing here?

12 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

I'm sure Fletcher, Hooper and Winnall would love the team to built round them, and to have 5 clear cut chances a game laid on for them.

They just get on with it though, showing more all round effort and ability than Rhodes has.

Why can nobody see that we haven't got the time to wait for Rhodes to come good? How often do we criticise England managers for picking players on reputation rather than form?

I'm sure if we did change our entire line up and tactics just for Rhodes, he would probably do better, but why should we when we have other strikers that don't require this ?

He doesn't deserve to be in the team, we should never have signed him, the immunity from being dropped is probably affecting the other strikers moral and we are getting offers for him from other clubs.

What am I missing here?

It's strange that he seems to get away with it because of his past record, where as other strikers would have already been labelled as 'not good enough' by now.

Quick check at his record compared to our other strikers first 20 games:

Rhodes: Played 20 Scored 3

Joao: Played 20 Scored 7

Stevie May: Played 20 Scored 5

Nuhiu: Played 20 scored 3

This lunchtimes Express & Star (West Midlands Paper)

Wolves are interested in securing the services of Nelson Oliveira and Jordan Rhodes before the transfer window closes.

Jorge Mendes is trying to set up Oliveira’s move from Norwich with Portugal international struggling to gain regular first team football at Carrow Road

Oliveira is valued at around £8m, with Rhodes is believed to be worth closer to £12m

2 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Wolves are interested in securing the services of Nelson Oliveira and Jordan Rhodes before the transfer window closes.

Jorge Mendes is trying to set up Oliveira’s move from Norwich with Portugal international struggling to gain regular first team football at Carrow Road

Oliveira is valued at around £8m, with Rhodes is believed to be worth closer to £12m

If we could get £12 million we should ****** their hand off.

My feeling is that Rhodes goal tally is reducing season by season.

Not sure if thats because he''s going backwards.

More likely, and I am certain of this, the standard of play in the Championship has vastly improved in the last 5 years.

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

What am I missing here?

Bang on

3 hours ago, Bradshaw said:

It's strange that he seems to get away with it because of his past record, where as other strikers would have already been labelled as 'not good enough' by now.

Quick check at his record compared to our other strikers first 20 games:

Rhodes: Played 20 Scored 3

Joao: Played 20 Scored 7

Stevie May: Played 20 Scored 5

Nuhiu: Played 20 scored 3

Where as Fletcher has never been prolific in his career .

2 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

If Wolves are daft enough and reckless enough to willingly spend £12million on Rhodes, we should take it. His value will only diminish in time, has his goals are drying up. He was the wrong player at the time we brought him in. We didn't need another striker, especially one without pace. We should cash in and reinvest towards bringing in what we lack and need most a quality centre back, a midfield beast and some pace.