Rhodes linked with Villa and Wolves

2 minutes ago, PeteG_1984 said:

Nothing against Rhodes and I reckon under the right circumstances he'd be awesome. But it would make sense for the good of a balanced squad to sell him for as much as possible and bring in a CB plus a pacey winger (as a minimum).

100% agreed. Would love to bring in Harley Dean, Geudiuora and Tom Lawrence. Them signings would sort us out.

51 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Hat-trick Wednesday will help that number out.  

If he starts Wednesday then Carlos has either lost the plot or somebody is influencing team selection 

In the past I've forgiven Forestieri and stood by him and Rhodes. Mostly because on his day Forestieri can terrorise teams and be unplayable at times but after his fall outs and his attitude problems, he seems more trouble to the team ethic than he's worth. And Rhodes' coincidence seems shot and sadly his best days seem to be long gone. I think we should sell one of them or both of them, so that we can address our weaknesses in our team, and reinvest in players that will strengthen our team rather than hinder us in some way or another. Time to wheel and deal, to save Carlos' job or if we don't he'll inevitably lose it due to his stubbornness, negative football and mistakes made with the likes of Forestieri, and with the shambolic wasteful player recruitment.

1 hour ago, kristmace said:

I don't get your point at all. JR was 26 when we signed him. Hardly over the hill. 

He's not scored in 16 games... he's never gone that long in his career without a goal. Either he's not settled yet or we're not playing to his strengths. Or both. 

It's quite simple really in 2012 --2013 2013--2014 those stats look pretty bloody good its now turning close to 2018 and he's done bugger all since !!

There's 11 players on a pitch surely in 4 years a striker is clever enough to realise that if he ain't getting supply he has to adapt. FFS we have had him on loan for six months (try before you buy call it what you want) and he's been a dead duck, the manager is either not getting through to his players to adapt to the strikers needs or Jordan Rhodes can only play one way or no way..

You say he was 26 when we signed him 

I'm 56 and I bet I can leave him standing 

The guys not quick enough 

With Reach and Rhodes Middlesborough have "seen us coming" Stitched us up like kippers!!!

1 hour ago, chizumgeorge said:

What are his strengths? Clearly not heading into an open net from 3yards out! Im no lover of Nuhiu but if had been him that missed that chance yesterday he would have been gettin lynched on here! 

To be fair, there's no way Nuhiu would have made that chance in the first place. The movement from Rhodes to get the opportunity was first-class. Obviously, the header wasn't, but I'd still be disappointed if he left.

7 minutes ago, torres said:

No chance he will start on Wednesday 

I wouldn't be so sure, thought that after PNE and it took him ages to make the change Saturday. Maybe he was worried about a third injury though?

37 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

I wouldn't be so sure, thought that after PNE and it took him ages to make the change Saturday. Maybe he was worried about a third injury though?

I think the third injury (Bannan) was the only reason he stayed on the pitch so long 

51 minutes ago, Eightace said:

He could easily have scored twice.

Next game he may well do.

Way too early to write him off. He is no different to how hooper was when he went through a dodgy spell.

But i agree with giving Winall game time atm because he is also a very good player.

Winall reminds me of a Jack Charlton type player ..

Not the most skilful but eager strong fearless (ask FF to confirm this) and a player who will give 90 mins and also "take it into the car park" after if required.

We really need this " Ethos" in our team Give me a Meggo or Carlton Palmer every day because they spat blood for our club this lot at moment can only  spit marshmallows .....

For me, on current form he's currently our 4th best striker after Fletcher, Hooper and Winnall.

He's been a massive gamble that didn't come off, and I just don't see things suddenly improving for him to justify his place in the team.

Sorry - would love him to really prove me wrong and bag a goal or three on Wednesday.

If we sell Rhodes, in my opinion, we are going backwards as a club and would be a laughing stock. Can you imagine it??? He's had half a season and deemed not good enough, some of the comments from our fans (who back in January couldn't get enough of him) are embarrassing.

Up to a couple of years ago it was possible to be an out and out goalscorer in the championship bit since then the league has evolved massively. Rhodes is not a good target man or a good link player. Hes simply a goascorer and these days its not enough. Especially how we play.

We never needed him and he's never suited us.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

What are his strengths? Clearly not heading into an open net from 3yards out! Im no lover of Nuhiu but if had been him that missed that chance yesterday he would have been gettin lynched on here! 

Anyone who has played football at any level would know that was just a case of throwing yourself at the ball getting something, anything on it . He didn't take aim didn't have time to direct it the fact it didn't go in was more down to bad luck than bad finishing 

6 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

Up to a couple of years ago it was possible to be an out and out goalscorer in the championship bit since then the league has evolved massively. Rhodes is not a good target man or a good link player. Hes simply a goascorer and these days its not enough. Especially how we play.

We never needed him and he's never suited us.

Don't agree with this. A Rhodes type goalscorer is enough and exactly what we need, just got to play in a way that gets the best from him. Plus, how much would we have spend to get a player who scores goals and does other things well enough to meet our expectations??