Rhodes linked with Villa and Wolves

Guest RocketOwl
3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

So, they're both slow and weak?

One's playing for Aberdeen and the other for a top end championship club.

I suppose that's where the comparisons end eh?

The comparison is that they have both played for us....both are clearly too slow and weak but whilst playing for us our fans seemingly couldn't see this.

Just now, RocketOwl said:

I definitely recall him being dropped by Lambert for a fair few games.

You must be mistaken mate. Boro signed him in the January transfer window so 25 starts in half a season for Blackburn (scoring 10 goals) is pretty much every game. 

No. Carlos simply has to go immediately. Het someone else in now while the window is open and allow the new man a chance to do get one or two in themselves.

Carlos, thanks so much. You will always be remembered fondly. But please go now. It's over and time for a change with fresh ideas.

P.s take Fernando with you

Edited by poite

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, kristmace said:

You must be mistaken mate. Boro signed him in the January transfer window so 25 starts in half a season for Blackburn (scoring 10 goals) is pretty much every game. 

Might have been season before when he was not getting a game but 10 in 25 isn't exactly prolific?

My point here is his decline started before we signed him. It's not the team shape or the way we play he has been gradually getting worse every season.

There is a reason he doesn't get in the Scotland squad or premier league teams don't want him - even when he was prolific.

He seems like a very nice guy but 8 million is a hefty fee for Mr Nice.

Just now, RocketOwl said:

The comparison is that they have both played for us....both are clearly too slow and weak but whilst playing for us our fans seemingly couldn't see this.

I could compare any schit player who has played for us against a good one.

Do you want to play that game?

It's a ludicrous comparison.

Makes no sense to compare.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Costello 77 said:

I could compare any schit player who has played for us against a good one.

Do you want to play that game?

It's a ludicrous comparison.

Makes no sense to compare.

Not sure what you can't understand from the comparison.

laters.

3 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Might have been season before when he was not getting a game but 10 in 25 isn't exactly prolific?

My point here is his decline started before we signed him. It's not the team shape or the way we play he has been gradually getting worse every season.

I really can't see that at all. Scoring 6 for Boro in half a season doesn't look good on paper, but he only played 90 minutes for them 4 times. 

10 in 25 isn't prolific? It's pretty good. We've not had a player score more than 15 for us in a season since Madine 6 years ago. I'll be delighted if Rhodes has 10 by Christmas. 

His Blackburn stats for previous seasons don't really back this "decline" view up either. 

2015-16: 10 goals in 25 games

2014-15: 21 goals in 45 games

2013-14: 25 goals in 26 games

2012-13: 28 goals in 45 games

Its pace we lack at the minute...Whether that be a forward who steams down the middle onto a pass, or a winger who skins the full back and pulls a cross back.

Its all too pedestrian at times..It has to be an intricate move that plays someone in.

Hunt takes a tremendous amount of stick around me on the Kop..He runs up the right overlaps puts in a cross, it gets cut out and played up the wing...every f.ooker shouts "Wheres Hunt!!"

I mean bloody hell..he's just run 70yds into the oppos half an' they expect him back at the speed of light...It doesn't f.ookin' work that wayQPR skinned us sweveral times first half by their forward players showing a bit of pace and creating..They were not caught out if the ball was cleared...

Rhodes doesn't yet seem to have figured out what his contribution's supposed to be when he's not scoring. Understandable really; scoring's all he's ever really known. But the same was arguably true of Hooper when he arrived - GH has since crafted that integral link-up role for himself, more or less from nothing, and completely out of necessity.

Bottom line, we haven't had a proper 20-goal-a-season man in years, have we? We just don't really play that way, for better or worse. Not just under CC either. I'd like Rhodes to have more time to figure out what else he's got in his locker, because there's certainly no lack of effort from him and he's desperate for it to work.

I just think he's going to need another string to his bow if he's going to enjoy it here, 'cos as a pure poacher he looks frustrated and lost at the moment. (No coincidence that Winnall seems to have taken a leaf from Hooper's gamebook, getting involved more in buildup, and appears to be having a better time of it.)

I know it's soppy and arguably irrelevant, but JR seems like such a nice lad, I'd hate for him to be properly miserable at Hillsborough. And, all sentiment aside, obviously we can't afford to end up £8m-10m in the hole for the privilege of making him miserable.

Fingers crossed that something clicks anyway - be it the supply, the end product, or something else he finds a niche for himself with. He's working his ass off, that's for sure.

7 minutes ago, kristmace said:

I really can't see that at all. Scoring 6 for Boro in half a season doesn't look good on paper, but he only played 90 minutes for them 4 times. 

10 in 25 isn't prolific? It's pretty good. We've not had a player score more than 15 for us in a season since Madine 6 years ago. I'll be delighted if Rhodes has 10 by Christmas. 

His Blackburn stats for previous seasons don't really back this "decline" view up either. 

2015-16: 10 goals in 25 games

2014-15: 21 goals in 45 games

2013-14: 25 goals in 26 games

2012-13: 28 goals in 45 games

My 2014 plate car is now worth a quarter of what I paid for it new it's now nearly 2018 see where I am with this ?

It was all singing dancing bells and whistles then but there's a better model out now.

Even Alan Shearer knew when time to call it a day and J Rhodes is never ever an "Alan Shearer"..

5 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

My 2014 plate car is now worth a quarter of what I paid for it new it's now nearly 2018 see where I am with this ?

It was all singing dancing bells and whistles then but there's a better model out now.

Even Alan Shearer knew when time to call it a day and J Rhodes is never ever an "Alan Shearer"..

Comparing your cars with our players?

Kinell.

6 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I don't get your point at all. JR was 26 when we signed him. Hardly over the hill. 

He's not scored in 16 games... he's never gone that long in his career without a goal. Either he's not settled yet or we're not playing to his strengths. Or both. 

3 hours ago, Almat said:

He'll be fine when we get a manager in who has the slightest clue as to how to play to his strengths. 

Hit the nail on the head . The problem is not Rhodes, its Carlos`s negative tactics . 

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Hit the nail on the head . The problem is not Rhodes, its Carlos`s negative tactics . 

Yea..when he's 5 yds out from goal..He needs Carlos to say "Head it into the net"

Cos if he doesn't get that implicit instruction he doesn't know what to do......................

3 hours ago, Almat said:

He'll be fine when we get a manager in who has the slightest clue as to how to play to his strengths. 

What are his strengths? Clearly not heading into an open net from 3yards out! Im no lover of Nuhiu but if had been him that missed that chance yesterday he would have been gettin lynched on here! 

• Like 1