Rhodes linked with Villa and Wolves

Yeah let's sell Rhodes and use any money to buy some players so FF doesn't have to do any tracking back and if there's owt spare chuck him another pay rise , loyalty bonus and all that 

46 minutes ago, Almat said:

He'll be fine when we get a manager in who has the slightest clue as to how to play to his strengths. 

pet shop me play another record

Guest RocketOwl
55 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

No 

He'll come good 

He was rubbish yesterday but that was yesterday 

Just yesterday?

How many games did Joao get before Owlstalk wrote him off?

Does Rhodes performances remind you of Stevie May?

For me its not if he can or cant come good with this or another manager, Fact is the squad is hugely unbalanced, he is probably the highest paid player in the squad, and if Wolves or Villa are prepared buy him and we can make a quick profit, and re balance the squad, with two or three players, Without affecting any remaining transfer funding headroom , we have or increasing the wage bill we should do it. 

It would also help encourage others, like Winall to be given more chance, and  maybe open the door a little for Hirst , plus mean we could ignore any possible lucrative bids from the big clubs for Hirst.

1 hour ago, Almat said:

He'll be fine when we get a manager in who has the slightest clue as to how to play to his strengths. 

And that would be ? 

Please enlighten us because at Rovers it was Steve Keane and we Deffo don't want him at Hillsborough  (I wouldn't let him on the premises as an opposing manager never mind ours!!)

When at Huddersfield it was Lee Clark (great player not sure about manager? )

So who is the man we have to bring in to accommodate our expensive "sleeping"Striker?

Guest RocketOwl

I believe Rhodes and Winnall are in direct competition for a place. They were also signed at a similar time.

Can anyone on here honestly disagree that currently Winnall is playing much better? 

Whilst I think Rhodes will score for us, I don't think he's likely to score more than Hooper or Winall or Fletch. So if an offer is there and all parties are happy I'd be tempted to move him on. 

On the same note Fessi could go too. With circa £20m in return I'd love to see us bring in 4 or 5 new players with 2x CB, CM, Winger and maybe a striker. 

Dean & Mulgrew

Irvine or Hourahane

Lawrence or Snodgrass 

From those that have been mentioned, still likely have 10m spare too. 

Misses two sitters from a combined total of about 12 yds and Its Carvalhals fault cos he's not getting the service?

He's getting the service, he's not firing at the minute, temporary loss of form hopefully.

He has not suddenly become crap overnight, he can work through it.

Nuhiu was getting the service, everyone simply said he was poor, no-one mentioned a "lack of service" when he hit The Kop from 5yds out

To me he looked totally out of touch yesterday and for that matter hasn't looked sharp since we signed him.  There just doesn't seem to be that "settled in" feel to how he plays at all.  Add the situation re Forestieri and I don't think it would be the worst idea to sell both of them and re-balance the squad with a couple of centre backs and a ball winning midfield player.

It's really sad that he doesn't appear to have settled here, but that's how it looks to me.

7 minutes ago, Kevan said:

To me he looked totally out of touch yesterday and for that matter hasn't looked sharp since we signed him.  There just doesn't seem to be that "settled in" feel to how he plays at all.  Add the situation re Forestieri and I don't think it would be the worst idea to sell both of them and re-balance the squad with a couple of centre backs and a ball winning midfield player.

It's really sad that he doesn't appear to have settled here, but that's how it looks to me.

Looks like a confidence thing to me, allied to the not wanting to take a Pen against Hudders...smacks of a lack of confidence.

A couple of goals could settle that

33 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

I believe Rhodes and Winnall are in direct competition for a place. They were also signed at a similar time.

Can anyone on here honestly disagree that currently Winnall is playing much better? 

I'd like to see them together,. Both lethal in the box, especially aerially.

Only Wednesday can take the best 2nd division striker this decade and turn him dogshit