Nigel Pearson

Is Pearson really the long term answer compared to Carlos? Given his track record it's not really clear if he is. He kept Leicester up and built the footprint for their title team but then he flopped at Derby. Not to mention all of the discipline issues he's had that could draw more negative attention to the team then positive, should they persist here which might not be what DC wants in his club.

I don't see Pearson as a bad replacement should we decide to remove Carlos, but if we're looking for lively and attacking football then I don't see why we don't go for one of the bright young German coaches coming through.

Julian Nagelsmann hit the headines last season bease he was just 29 but there are many other coaches who are very similar to him who could spark our team. 

Hannes Wolf from Stuttgart got them promoted last year and looks a good talent. Maybe it would be worth investing in him?

2 hours ago, childzy said:

Anyone spot him in the stands today ? Was sat in the executive seats behind Les Ferdinand.

He is about as popular in Thailand as a dose of clap . 

would never get the wednesday job while ever DC owns the club. 

Got Leicester promoted to the Premier League and then kept them there, assembling a title winning side in the process but he's not good enough for the Wednesday job apparently.

In fairness though I'd consider most managers at the moment as the thought of watching Carlos waste the best squad we've had in nearly 20 years for much longer is just far too depressing!!

Guest kelliesleftnut
9 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

He is about as popular in Thailand as a dose of clap . 

would never get the wednesday job while ever DC owns the club. 

Must have missed it but what did NP do exactly to upset a nation ?

I thought it was his son that caused all the hassle.

Guest kelliesleftnut
9 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

How do u know that?

Pearson would probably turn the job down anyway .

Think he has already said he wouldn't manage us because he lives in Sheffield.

Plenty of rentals in Barnsley :biggrin: