Nigel Pearson

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I don't like Pearson, but would he do more with this squad than Carlos? Probably. I don't like Warnock or Evo either, but would they do more with this squad? Most likely. Liking the manager is an irrelevance. I'd have  Corbyn as manager if he'd get us up.

Would he do more with this squad?

You could argue he got them in their relegation dogfight. Yeah he ended up getting them out of it, but then someone who knew what they were doing came along made them fly.

So using your argument.  Pearson clearly not getting the most out of his squad, someone comes along who does and they win the title. 

Must remember to put that on my CV.  I was pretty sh*t but the person that followed me was brilliant, but it was me that did all the original work. And by the way my family have a track record in slagging the nationality of the MDs home country.   Err no thanks, next!!

The argument would be stronger if either Ranieri or Shakespeare were being touted, (not that i'd want either particularly), but Hey Ho they're not Wednesday 'legends' are they.

I cannot help thinking this 'debate' (big laugh) is becoming an 'anyone but Carlos' clutching at straws situation.

As for Warnock, God f*****n help us. 

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

You could argue he got them in their relegation dogfight. Yeah he ended up getting them out of it, but then someone who knew what they were doing came along made them fly.

So using your argument.  Pearson clearly not getting the most out of his squad, someone comes along who does and they win the title. 

Must remember to put that on my CV.  I was pretty sh*t but the person that followed me was brilliant, but it was me that did all the original work. And by the way my family have a track record in slagging the nationality of the MDs home country.   Err no thanks, next!!

The argument would be stronger if either Ranieri or Shakespeare were being touted, (not that i'd want either particularly), but Hey Ho they're not Wednesday 'legends' are they.

I cannot help thinking this 'debate' (big laugh) is becoming an 'anyone but Carlos' clutching at straws situation.

As for Warnock, God f*****n help us. 

an 'anyone but Carlos' clutching at straws situation.

You're right there, Rob. But didn't Colin and Pearson both get teams out of this division? Carlos, by contrast, just blew the best chance we (or anyone else) will ever have of getting out of this league.

4 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

an 'anyone but Carlos' clutching at straws situation.

You're right there, Rob. But didn't Colin and Pearson both get teams out of this division? Carlos, by contrast, just blew the best chance we (or anyone else) will ever have of getting out of this league.

A lot of people did a lot of things in the past.

Doesn't mean they can do it now.

Warnock is a one trick pony way past his sell by date and Pearson has been found out but just more quickly.

And how people can tout these two, whilst at the same time moaning about our 'style' of play  (even last year whilst on an unbeaten run) is just beyond parody!!

The Messiah of 'anti football' and his Psycho apprentice.

Also, best chance of getting out of this league may be to come. Who knows?

And one last thing, maybe In hindsight, Huddersfield weren't the pushovers we all thought they were.

6 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

He got them out of their relegation dogfight in some style; Leicester were on fire at the end of the season.

None of us will ever know what would have happened if Pearson had stayed. But the guy who "knew what he was doing".......didn't he got sacked a season and a half later for. ermmmm,  not knowing what he was doing?

Warnock is a one trick pony way past his sell by date

Have you noticed who is top of the Championship? I don't like the guy, but I can't deny his abilities at this level.

Edited by Roy Of The Roasters

3 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

He got them out of their relegation dogfight in some style; Leicester were on fire at the end of the season.

None of us will ever know what would have happened if Pearson had stayed. But the guy who "knew what he was doing".......didn't he got sacked a season and a half later for. ermmmm,  not knowing what he was doing?

Have you noticed who is top of the Championship? I don't like the guy, but I can't deny his abilities at this level.

Yep well spotted.  Ranieri did indeed get the push, but it was always going to be a hard act to follow after winning the Prem.

As for Mr Anti football being top of 'the league' with Cardiff, there's been two games!!

Can't be bothered to trawl through previous posts, but I trust from your love for Mr A.F. that you weren't one of the purists who wanted CC out because of the style we were supposedly playing even though we were winning.

Imagine the wonderful free flowing adventure fest under good old Warnochio.

Suppose all the CC outers would then start spouting its all and only about results!!

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Yep well spotted.  Ranieri did indeed get the push, but it was always going to be a hard act to follow after winning the Prem.

He got the push because Leicester were heading for relegation. Under the manager who apparently knew what he was doing, the wheels had come off.

As for Mr Anti football being top of 'the league' with Cardiff, there's been two games!!

Agreed. But they have had a good start, which is more than we have.

Can't be bothered to trawl through previous posts, but I trust from your love for Mr A.F. that you weren't one of the purists who wanted CC out because of the style we were supposedly playing even though we were winning.

Actually, I don't love Colin at all. I didn't want him when he was touted as Dave Jones replacement and I don't want him now. I just suspect that if he was our manager he'd be doing a better job than our current incumbent.

Imagine the wonderful free flowing adventure fest under good old Warnochio.

You know, one of the regular lines trotted out by Carlos' defenders is that the football may be turgid, but we're winning games. The trouble is we're not. Colin's football may not be pretty, but at least his club are actually winning games. And deservedly winning at that.