Nigel Pearson

On 12/08/2017 at 23:34, meggoisgod said:

Fk Pearson he's a reyt bell end big Sam or meggo would sort us in 10 days

He might be controversial but to call a former captain of one of our greatest sides in history a bell end makes you look like one of these 'I want it all now' type of fans.

Pearson had nothing but respect for Wednesday fans when I last spoke to him .

54 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

He might be controversial but to call a former captain of one of our greatest sides in history a bell end makes you look like one of these 'I want it all now' type of fans.

haha sorry, I apologise for wanting it all...i've done that now for 40 years and it still hasn't fkn happened

Guest Copthorneowl

Thai people very big on honour and respect. The Thai owner at Leicester will no doubt know DC and vice versa Pearsons son insulted the Thais when on tour which no doubt played a part in NP's subsequent sacking. There is zero chance DC would insult the Leicester owner by giving Pearson the time of day thes guys pee in the same pot.

Well I'd be utterly amazed if he did it would be out of character as we know him, however some times strange things happen you'd never think Forestiero would get the dogs abuse he does get on Owlstalk but he does.

31 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

haha sorry, I apologise for wanting it all...i've done that now for 40 years and it still hasn't fkn happened

Don't apologise to me you haven't call me a bell but I bet my life face to face you wouldn't call NP that.

2 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Taking the respect for our fans out of it, he's a bit of tail as a manager, not in regards to his teams, just seems to fall out with boardroom individuals, ya can perhaps excuse it once (Leicester) but to then do it in such a short time at Derby, no, not for me!! 

39 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Taking the respect for our fans out of it, he's a bit of tail as a manager, not in regards to his teams, just seems to fall out with boardroom individuals, ya can perhaps excuse it once (Leicester) but to then do it in such a short time at Derby, no, not for me!! 

Do you know exactly what went on though ?

Mel Morris at derby apparently is an extremely hard individual to get on with by all accounts .

Nigel Pearson got Leicester promoted and then built the nucleus of a side that did the impossible the season after so his managieral skills shouldn't be in question.

Brian clough had his moments too and he wasn't too bad as a manager !

5 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Mel Morris at derby apparently is an extremely hard individual to get on with by all accounts .

Nigel Pearson got Leicester promoted and then built the nucleus of a side that did the impossible the season after so his managieral skills shouldn't be in question.

How many managers has Mel Morris gone through. Pearson wasn't given time to build. 

Edited by owlmanc

3 hours ago, PhilKing Disgrace said:

Still a legend for kicking Mark Hughes all over Wembley that day!!

That's exactly what we need now. A nasty no nonsense commanding centre back to partner Lees. Hope we get Harlee Dean but if we don't get anyone in before Sunderland and/or Fulham, then Big Nige get your boots back on lad and sort out our defence :columbo:

5 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

No of course I don't,it may have had something to do with his son, i don't know, but ya can't not fail to see its happened twice, Just by the same token your "Mel Morris apparently is a hard individual to get on with" if you weren't/haven't been told directly its guesswork....right? 

Was a massive Pearson fan when he played for us, which Wednesday fan wouldn't be, but my views on his management skills are sullied somewhat because of what's happened twice. 

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

No of course I don't,it may have had something to do with his son, i don't know, but ya can't not fail to see its happened twice, Just by the same token your "Mel Morris apparently is a hard individual to get on with" if you weren't/haven't been told directly its guesswork....right? 

Was a massive Pearson fan when he played for us, which Wednesday fan wouldn't be, but my views on his management skills are sullied somewhat because of what's happened twice. 

Fair comment but what I'm saying is I don't think he deserves to be slagged off by what has happened elsewhere ESPECIALLY as a legend of the club .

23 hours ago, Mishowl said:

Do you think we will go up this season?

Sadly the answers No especially on present form and I do agree with you regards Carlos but can't see the majority agreeing if we lose to Sunderland.

The thing is I do think we have the squad to go up so do we carry on with work in progress with Carlos or get someone to work with the talent we have and that's why I would go with Nigel should that situation arise.

1 minute ago, East Suffolk Owl said:

Sadly the answers No especially on present form and I do agree with you regards Carlos but can't see the majority agreeing if we lose to Sunderland.

The thing is I do think we have the squad to go up so do we carry on with work in progress with Carlos or get someone to work with the talent we have and that's why I would go with Nigel should that situation arise.

Agree!

Nigel, take the shackles off and we would fly.

Love Carlos, but he is wasting too much talent with his cautious approach,

UTO

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Great player for us, fair one 

but he's an absolute nut job, why anyone would want him here is beyond me 

calling him a nut job is probably over the top, but I think a no nonsense who takes no **** from no1 is just what we need. I'm sure pearson what have sorted out the spine of our team by early july , carlos will use lee ,loovens ,hutch out as an excuse but we all know and ive posted it many times that these players will play little for us this season . loovens should never have been given a 3 year deal with his injury record and getting older. nothing seems to be happening at all regarding incomings ,what happens if tom lees picks a bug up and is missing sunderland game no centre halves at all, sort it carlos ,or chansiri plz sack him and get someone in who can sort out this situation whats been ongoing now for 16 months .