Nigel Pearson

Just now, handworth52 said:

calling him a nut job is probably over the top, but I think a no nonsense who takes no **** from no1 is just what we need. I'm sure pearson what have sorted out the spine of our team by early july , carlos will use lee ,loovens ,hutch out as an excuse but we all know and ive posted it many times that these players will play little for us this season . loovens should never have been given a 3 year deal with his injury record and getting older. nothing seems to be happening at all regarding incomings ,what happens if tom lees picks a bug up and is missing sunderland game no centre halves at all, sort it carlos ,or chansiri plz sack him and get someone in who can sort out this situation whats been ongoing now for 16 months .

Listen, I'm not the biggest CC fan myself but you need to remember here that the way it works at our club is the manager has little control over transfers , you've heard CC as much as me say all he does is offer a list of suggestions to the powers that be and he takes no part in negotiating 

I do not think for a second that Nigel Pearson would accept that kind of situation 

You got it in one!! Someone needs to take the shackle's off.. The Championship is about promotion The Premier league is about survival... We're playing tactically like we're in the premier league already.

Last thing we need is a new manager who needs his own players as an excuse for not going up.

Pearson would bring the Passion we lack.

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Listen, I'm not the biggest CC fan myself but you need to remember here that the way it works at our club is the manager has little control over transfers , you've heard CC as much as me say all he does is offer a list of suggestions to the powers that be and he takes no part in negotiating 

I do not think for a second that Nigel Pearson would accept that kind of situation 

nigel pearson would need full control of transfers without doubt . I just cant see things changing under carlos I'm afraid ,I just hope its quick(him leaving) because even though I think he cant take us any further I wouldn't want him to get too much abuse from crowd.

7 minutes ago, East Suffolk Owl said:

You got it in one!! Someone needs to take the shackle's off.. The Championship is about promotion The Premier league is about survival... We're playing tactically like we're in the premier league already.

Last thing we need is a new manager who needs his own players as an excuse for not going up.

Pearson would bring the Passion we lack.

Take the shackles off and get hammered 

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Unemployment can change your mind pretty quickly. I doubt he'll get a club our size to manage any time soon  

He won't be short of a few quid after his time at Leicester and doesn't want the aggro of managing us (or the great unwashed). Given the outcry at the moment, it's difficult to blame him

2 minutes ago, Bramhall Owl said:

He won't be short of a few quid after his time at Leicester and doesn't want the aggro of managing us (or the great unwashed). Given the outcry at the moment, it's difficult to blame him

Fair enough, i doubt we want a manager who is happy being at home counting his cash  :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Our next manager will be bullen. We simply don't need massive change , we were two places from automatic last season. It needs current performance with a little more. Not wholesale change. 

Yeah that's how it all started like what Southampton do, it goes on the same irrespective of who's coach. 

9 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Our next manager will be bullen. We simply don't need massive change , we were two places from automatic last season. It needs current performance with a little more. Not wholesale change. 

God I certainly hope not.  Bullen...? I'm trying to work out in what universe a team trying for promotion from one of the toughest leagues in the world would want to employ a completely untried, untested coach with no great pedigree to acheive that aim.  He may well turn out to be a very good manager one day, but he certainly wouldn't be any sort of logical choice for us IF CC was to go.

29 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

no chance of automatic this year....fact .....unless either the manager goes or we spend

2 hours ago, SPRINGS said:

Agree!

Nigel, take the shackles off and we would fly.

Love Carlos, but he is wasting too much talent with his cautious approach,

UTO

Are you absolutely serious when you say "Someone needs to take the shackles off" when referring to Nigel Pearson.

I read the Derby forum when Pearson was first appointed there, and they were fairly unanimous that it would take Pearson at least a season to dismantle the fluid footballing style they played, to replace it with his pragmatic, no nonsense style that was his trademark. 

I don't mind people advocating potential managers who are 'results over style', but don't call for change because of the 'style of play' and then suggest someone who has built their reputation on being dour, solid and boring.

That was the reason, when we were on an unbeaten run people were calling for CCs head. 

Have people on here no recall of fairly recent events or are their heads so firmly stuck up their ars*s they can't see any daylight.

PS Just to clarify.  This isn't a call to arms in defence of CC. It's just a call for a bit of consistency when debating potential replacements and 'the style of play' that person would bring.  Considering the number of people on here that have condemned CC for his 'style' this year, to suggest Pearson as a replacement to "take the shackles off" is a bit like suggesting Karl Marx to expand private enterprise.