Forestieri not in the squad

So much for keeping it in house! It's just been mentioned on Championship tv programme! Ho hum!

Saw this earlier on Twitter n it seems to be from the lad who originally saw what happened. Full blooded challenge from Winnall apparently that could have seriously injured FF. FF reacted (maybe justifiably, maybe not). In a real game situation the reaction prob would have been a red card offence. Ties in with CC's comments of passionate training, red cards, discipline etc. Even the poster seems to think FF has been scapegoated for his reaction given the situation.

Screenshot_20170812-210619.png

10 minutes ago, scram said:

Mercenary players - the premier is absolutely full of them

How much do you think Van Dijk is on pw - currently on strike cos he wants a "better" club and more money

Spurs players complaining because they're only on £60k a week

26 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Cracking player, but it's just too much baggage. 

Truth be told i think (going off what I saw today) the squad needs a refresh in any event. 

TBF to Nando i don't think he's fully responsible for a lot of the nonsense that surrounds him, but he sure as hell doesn't help himself. 

I've said the squad needs a bit of a overhaul for a while, we are top heavy in some areas and woefully inadequate in others.

11 minutes ago, Westcliffedicko said:

So much for keeping it in house! It's just been mentioned on Championship tv programme! Ho hum!

Saw this earlier on Twitter n it seems to be from the lad who originally saw what happened. Full blooded challenge from Winnall apparently that could have seriously injured FF. FF reacted (maybe justifiably, maybe not). In a real game situation the reaction prob would have been a red card offence. Ties in with CC's comments of passionate training, red cards, discipline etc. Even the poster seems to think FF has been scapegoated for his reaction given the situation.

FF should grow up and man up, hes got a problem and its not helping SWFC

All this off the back of an unverified tweet though. RS and the Star jumped on it which is also odd as they need to maintain relationships and be careful on conjecture. Manager usually protects players and wouldn't comment on transfers but has been doing the old nudge wink on Forestieri. 

FF obviously did some questionable things last summer, but unless he has caused a massive rift in the team over time and needs to go etc (I don't think anyone on here knows this or what happened), i can't see the big deal. Winnall was fit to play and score. 

If Hutchinson had given somone a dig in training, would people care as much or just see it as one of those things? 

It does seem like we may be paving the way for a sale but I'm not sure why fans are following suit taking issue with a training ground fight?

Edited by Bluesteel

16 minutes ago, Westcliffedicko said:

According to his twitter profile Adam Holder is from Somerset. Hell of a way to travel to watch training

• Haha 1

Just now, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Such a shame. Best player we've had for years and it looks like his time here will end under a cloud.

We're a bang average side without him.

Bang average with him at the minutelol

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Such a shame. Best player we've had for years and it looks like his time here will end under a cloud.

We looked better without him today than we did last week at Preston.

Look I like FF as a player, he's our most talented. But since the Norwich fiasco he's carried this cloud over his head. He's not been the same player, he was unplayable in his first season here an absolute joy to watch. He's not effective in a front two, I would like to see him in the 4-3-3 sort of system we played today- but will he be happy to play there?

Watford probably got it right with him, impact player off the bench, but not disciplined or got the mentality to play week in week out. That penalty Miss against Hudders tells me all I need to know about the guys mentality, he'd missed that pen on the walk up to it.

I'd sell and move on.

9 minutes ago, darra said:

According to his twitter profile Adam Holder is from Somerset. Hell of a way to travel to watch training

Ha ha! Fair do's! The joys of bad grammar on Tw*tter! He meant he "read" it, not saw it, so chinese whispers about the situation like everyone else then?! 

9 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Personally, whilst he is very talented, i think FF is a bit of a mercenary and is of detriment to our squad.

Certainly whilst Carlos is manager having FF in the squad is a waste of time.

Chansiri should make a decision about whether he sticks with Carlos and a pragmatic team grinding out a promotion challenge and sell FF, or get rid of Carlos and bring in a manager who will make players like FF shine at this level 

Everything I see and hear about FF suggests that, despite his very obvious talents, he is still a tad immature. This suggests that someone else (his agent?) is pulling the strings and possibly making promises to him that cannot be met at Owlerton.

I think he needs help to grow up and accept his current situation (which means telling his agent to go where the monkey puts his nuts). He could then still prove to be the best thing to happen in our club for many a year.

A course in bonding with fellow workmates wouldn't go amiss either.

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We looked better without him today than we did last week at Preston.

Look I like FF as a player, he's our most talented. But since the Norwich fiasco he's carried this cloud over his head. He's not been the same player, he was unplayable in his first season here an absolute joy to watch. He's not effective in a front two, I would like to see him in the 4-3-3 sort of system we played today- but will he be happy to play there?

Watford probably got it right with him, impact player off the bench, but not disciplined or got the mentality to play week in week out. That penalty Miss against Hudders tells me all I need to know about the guys mentality, he'd missed that pen on the walk up to it.

I'd sell and move on.

For me he's a class above any of our other attacking players, and although he did himself no favours last year, we've some how managed to waste his talent. 

Poor recruitment has has been the main issue. Nothing against the players we've brought in, but they're just not on his wavelength. Imo we've missed a trick by not the signing the types of players he would thrive alongside. 

Now with that, plus the system Carlos has gone for, our best attacking threat is the odd one out. Both on and off the pitch. It's crazy.

If things are now so bad that there's no chance of squad harmony, then by all means sell and reinvest. Problem is, do you trust the current set up to strengthen in the areas we need to? I certainly don't and I think the club will end up really regretting how FF's time here has panned out.