Forestieri not in the squad

1 hour ago, chizumgeorge said:

I agree, but half the people on here carried on shagggin him and even now wont have it that hes doin owt wrong!

Danny Boy called the Italians fancy dans...and we wound up going down, and have been down ever since. 'Arry put a certain Italian's picture on the boardroom wall. He's a cockney soft-soaper. Being a bluff northener doesn't work with the Latin races. They respond to flattery. Flogging our best player to a rival is suicide. FF's probably just pissed off with the management down there. He's probably showing what most of the players are thinking.

1 minute ago, Manchester_Owl said:

It's been handled badly.

Firstly, know one knows what he's actually done. Secondly, getting 3 points is the more important thing FF should have been in the squad. Thirdly, if it is to do with the bust up with Winnall then why have one in the squad and not the other, automatically making FF the bad guy. Lastly, as fans, we shouldn't even know about this situation, especially at 2:30pm on a Saturday before the match.

Maybe because FF was the bad guy. 

1 hour ago, chizumgeorge said:

Judging by the way they all shook his hand and slapped his back after the game i'd say theyre all still behind him

They like him. We all like him. I like next door neighbour's dog, but I wouldn't put much faith in him getting us promoted. lol

8 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

We ended up playing 4-3-3 today.

Play FF on the left side of the front  three. Don't give him any defensive duties and let him play football. He's probably fed up that Carlos relies on the left full back to create more on the wing, and wants FF to defend. Let the attackers attack and the defenders defend. 

Anyone with half a brain cell knows that this is Ff's best position but Carlos never plays FF in this position in that formation. You wonder what goes on in Carlos's head sometimes.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

Danny Boy called the Italians fancy dans...and we wound up going down, and have been down ever since. 'Arry put a certain Italian's picture on the boardroom wall. He's a cockney soft-soaper. Being a bluff northener doesn't work with the Latin races. They respond to flattery. Flogging our best player to a rival is suicide. FF's probably just pissed off with the management down there. He's probably showing what most of the players are thinking.

I dont really care what he thinks! He gets paid around 30 grand a week to do a job, and a priveledged one at that. I dont agree with everything my boss does but i dont sulk or refuse to work when i dont like something,i get on with it. 

Guest Copthorneowl
15 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

How is it Carlos Carvalhal's fault that FF spat his dummy out ,  again 

How is it that FF spat his dummy out what do you know about the training ground incident please enlighten us. All he's guilty of is answering Carlos question about his pre season and "tracking back".

And for the record he puts more effort in than most and imo has no need to waste his time tracking back because his one poor skill is tackling runners. On the other hand I suspect he wins more balls from opponents than our fragile midfielders and defenders who by the way don't seem to be able to get over the half way line much of the time to support strikers do they? So it cuts two ways most of our fan base moan about forwards being supported.

If we can get a good fee for him (£10m+) and can find a non-Championship team to sell him to, I'd say get rid. Say if we got £12m for him, we could get Harlee Dean and Charlie Mulgrew as the badly needed centre backs, Jackson Irvine to add mobility and guile in midfield, or pass on one or two of the above and go for Tom Lawrence to replace FF on the left.

7 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Anyone with half a brain cell knows that this is Ff's best position but Carlos never plays FF in this position in that formation. You wonder what goes on in Carlos's head sometimes.

There seems to be a common denominator with all that's wrong at the club at the moment and for me it's Carlos. As someone else has put, FF is probably a bit more vocal in his annoyance at Carlos.Carlos hangs him out to dry. 

4 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

How is it that FF spat his dummy out what do you know about the training ground incident please enlighten us. All he's guilty of is answering Carlos question about his pre season and "tracking back".

And for the record he puts more effort in than most and imo has no need to waste his time tracking back because his one poor skill is tackling runners. On the other hand I suspect he wins more balls from opponents than our fragile midfielders and defenders who by the way don't seem to be able to get over the half way line much of the time to support strikers do they? So it cuts two ways most of our fan base moan about forwards being supported.

So Fernando Forestieiri can earn a shirt week in week out, and doesn't have to track back or adhere to any other team instructions ,can play where he likes , routinely break club discipline rules and just for an added fun factor it's also irrelevant that he refused to play for the club because he couldn't get his own way 

nice one 

2 minutes ago, island owl said:

Although I like FF he seems to be causing more problems, the bust up with Winnall and saying he only wants to play up front doesn't help matters. If he leaves then we will have money to spend on a CB and a LB, both urgently needed

Maybe so but think he could have been the difference today especially when we were on top after we had scored

At this stage I think you'd have to be tapped to still want FF anywhere near the club.

As another poster very accurately put a couple of pages back, his problems outweigh his benefits now. I mean for some of this isn't even a new thing but we've got the start of a season disrupted by talk of his disciplinary for the second year in a row.

He's not even our best striker. Or even one of our two most ideal strikers. And he doesnt want to play on the left. 

If a bid comes in, get rid. Our need for centre backs VASTLY outweighs our need for Fernando Forrestieri. 

Get shut of him.

Its obvious that he's not happy here. Use the money to bring in players in areas that we need.

It should have been done last year when he spat his dummy out.

A good player but trouble we'd be best off without at this point in time. 

4 minutes ago, island owl said:

He would have done better than Reach

Thats hardly the salient point though mate....

I would rather have the full information about the episode on the training ground, but I doubt we will ever get it, So we glean what we can from what we have got.

Its seems that Winnall was involved, yet he was in the squad, so I deduce from that the fact that Fernando was either in the wrong or something went off after the incident.

Its not simply having him instead of Reach, its how it effects the whole squad.

He was forgiven last year, how long does everyone have to be patient/....?