tonights fans forum

4 hours ago, steveger said:

people should always aire their opinions

I totally agree don and people shouldnt take humberidge with differing opinions. These meetings are currently hot topics and will soon become calder so as long as there aren't 5 more meetings bringing a total of severn I really don't know wye they rother.

Anyway I'm probably getting on ure nerves so I'm off for a cuppa tay!

I hope Tom Tees can help keep a clean sheet tomorrow though and doesn't play like a dwharfe.

:columbo:

36 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

I totally agree don and people shouldnt take humberidge with differing opinions. These meetings are currently hot topics and will soon become calder so as long as there aren't 5 more meetings bringing a total of severn I really don't know wye they rother.

Anyway I'm probably getting on ure nerves so I'm off for a cuppa tay!

I hope Tom Tees can help keep a clean sheet tomorrow though and doesn't play like a dwharfe.

:columbo:

EFFORT!!

5 hours ago, hodgybysea said:

Football fans are funny creatures,watch arsenal V Foxes and thought it was great stuff,then the Arsenal fans were on the wireless whinging how crap they were and the boss should be sacked.

Most fans in the country are probably thinking ,I wish we were that crap.

We are going in the right direction ,but it may take a bit longer than some plonkers on here think. 

Listening on the wireless ? Can you just clarify which decade this was ? 

Guest Deleted member

Just catching up,  and thankfully it seems like the night went without too many numpties

So, is there any detail about FFP, and the Club 1867?

Mr C is an absolute cut above, people moan about the lack of interaction from the club but aslong as you know Mr C is in the background running our club, I genuinely see no reason to panic, the guy oozes class.

Hope the Chansiri family is involved with our club for years to come, he's obviously passing his values and knowledge on to his sons for the future.

We're in safe hands.

Just now, zico.b said:

There was one guy who was constantly banging the drum about blooding the youngsters (specifically young Hirsty).

He clearly had a bed in his bonnet. DC took it all in his stride and explained that those clubs who play the youngsters have no choice - we are not one of those clubs.

Ha. 

Let's be fair here: if his name was George Smith then people wouldn't be calling for his inclusion yet. 

Be interested to know how often that bloke has seen Hirst Jnr play. Admittedly I've only seen him once in the flesh (U23 final in May) and whilst I was impressed, there's no way he's good enough to be playing in the Championship yet imo. Huge gap between U23 football and the first team. 

12 minutes ago, zico.b said:

I attended last night and will summarise as follows: -

DC has no problem whatsoever with criticism of him or the club. He just asks that we don't do it 'outside'. ANYBODY who wants a discussion can come to him.

He has money, but is constrained by FFP. He has always been told that the fans will help, if needed, so is giving the chance with the Club 1867 launch.

If Club 1867 doesn't work, he'll have to go to options B or C - sell players or just throw his money in and gamble on a possible future embargo.

DC does not want anybody who cannot afford it to even contemplate the Club 1867. He feels it is his chance to give the fans an opportunity for the good of the club.

The last bit is a little bit from what DC said and a little conjecture on my part, but overall DC is in it for a long time and it's not about quick bucks. He's wanting to pass on to his sons and build a legacy. It's not his club, it's our club. Let's drive it forward and to those that want to debate, go to DC. You might not agree with his answer, but his door is open.

Thanks for the info mate. I'm guessing it wasn't discussed but was there anything said about players signing or leaving? 

Guest Deleted member
19 minutes ago, zico.b said:

DC has no problem whatsoever with criticism of him or the club. He just asks that we don't do it 'outside'. ANYBODY who wants a discussion can come to him.

He has money, but is constrained by FFP. He has always been told that the fans will help, if needed, so is giving the chance with the Club 1867 launch.

If Club 1867 doesn't work, he'll have to go to options B or C - sell players or just throw his money in and gamble on a possible future embargo.

DC does not want anybody who cannot afford it to even contemplate the Club 1867. He feels it is his chance to give the fans an opportunity for the good of the club.

The last bit is a little bit from what DC said and a little conjecture on my part, but overall DC is in it for a long time and it's not about quick bucks. He's wanting to pass on to his sons and build a legacy. It's not his club, it's our club. Let's drive it forward and to those that want to debate, go to DC. You might not agree with his answer, but his door is open.

Thank you for this. Was the aim of selling  20k mistyped - or is that the aim 

18 minutes ago, zico.b said:

We have got a very good Chairman in my opinion. He's not got everything right but overall I'm impressed how open he is to the fans which is a good sign of his genuine nature and more importantly that he is in it for the long term.

Chairman has done a fantastic job overall, so let him get on with it. We've got a small group of fans that are like babies, needing reassurance and asking questions at every decision made. Bit like my 5 year old asking 'why' 24/7. 

Its big business, let the big lads crack on with it. 

Guest Deleted member

Thanks for the clarification. 

Well that's definitely ambitious 

Edited by Deleted member

13 minutes ago, zico.b said:

It was asked at the end. We are in for a player (or two), but DC was understandably not wanting to reveal details. We have looked at loan signing(s), but demands of play or pay from the loaning clubs has meant no progress. I read this as cover for Lee's/Loovens, but we cannot guarantee the loaner will play.

The Djourou signing was going to happen, but eleventh hour demands that 'would have disrupted the team' meant that DC pulled the plug. You can speculate on what that was - my guess? Wanted the captaincy, etc.

Thanks again mate. No mention of Rhodes leaving/staying?