tonights fans forum

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

I was responding to the person who said the guy who asked about Hirst need punching 

You weren't there man.

It was one of the first questions asked and the bloke wouldn't leave it alone. Even when DC had given him a fairly thorough reply he was shouting ot back at him 'how do you know he's not good enough yet if we don't give him a chance' and when asked by DC who the bloke thinks Hirst should be in the team ahead of the guy basically said that Fletcher was useless!

Yes it was an open forum but the basic informal agenda of the evening -as advertised - was based around the 1867 club idea and general off-field issues in response to recent publicity to attempt to clarify things. 

The top table consisted of the club owner, the commercial operations officer, the ticket office manager, the stadium operations head and the head of communications. Asking them a question about why the young striker isn't getting a look in ahead of 6 more experienced forwards perhaps wasn't the most appropriate.

22 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You weren't there man.

It was one of the first questions asked and the bloke wouldn't leave it alone. Even when DC had given him a fairly thorough reply he was shouting ot back at him 'how do you know he's not good enough yet if we don't give him a chance' and when asked by DC who the bloke thinks Hirst should be in the team ahead of the guy basically said that Fletcher was useless!

Yes it was an open forum but the basic informal agenda of the evening -as advertised - was based around the 1867 club idea and general off-field issues in response to recent publicity to attempt to clarify things. 

The top table consisted of the club owner, the commercial operations officer, the ticket office manager, the stadium operations head and the head of communications. Asking them a question about why the young striker isn't getting a look in ahead of 6 more experienced forwards perhaps wasn't the most appropriate.

Thick tw4t probably never seen him play

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You weren't there man.

That was proper cringe worthy.. I was on the adjacent table (any direction  when it's round! ).. I gave a couple of polite "wtf" comments to him.. But what can you do? ..... At one point in thought I might actually get up and do one of those comedy strangleholds shaking his neck! ... 

But thought that this may have been lost in cultural translation to DC! 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

That was proper cringe worthy.. I was on the adjacent table (any direction  when it's round! ).. I gave a couple of polite "wtf" comments to him.. But what can you do? ..... At one point in thought I might actually get up and do one of those comedy strangleholds shaking his neck! ... 

But thought that this may have been lost in cultural translation to DC! 

Can't beat a shepherd's crook at times like that.

• Haha 3

Football fans are funny creatures,watch arsenal V Foxes and thought it was great stuff,then the Arsenal fans were on the wireless whinging how crap they were and the boss should be sacked.

Most fans in the country are probably thinking ,I wish we were that crap.

We are going in the right direction ,but it may take a bit longer than some plonkers on here think. 

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I have two words for all those criticising DC  and his commitment to the club 

DAVE ALLEN 

It's always fun to remember just how pleased the Chesterfield fans sounded with themselves on Radio Sheffield after he took over at their place. They really thought we'd let slip a great chairman and they were destined for big things with the help of his investment. They genuinely thought we were jealous of themlol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hodgybysea said:

Football fans are funny creatures,watch arsenal V Foxes and thought it was great stuff,then the Arsenal fans were on the wireless whinging how crap they were and the boss should be sacked.

Most fans in the country are probably thinking ,I wish we were that crap.

We are going in the right direction ,but it may take a bit longer than some plonkers on here think. 

TBf, Leicester lost that match with dumb subs.   Arsenal on board for another disappointing season.

2 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Its unlikely I'll invest but I was hoping we'd get a lot more meat on the bones re this initiative.

It appears to just have just given another platform to those who think their voice deserves its own route to deliver messages to the club.

I may be wrong but don't see tonights forum delivering the results the club hoped despite it generally appearing positive. No other reason for that that we only know what we were told in the original OS news story.

I wanted to know what else you get for your money, I wanted to know if the prices tell us anything about ST prices should we reach the PL. Others also raised good points regarding 3 years ST's should we go up this year.

I know I could have attended myself but I've been away this week and only got home at tea time. 

I don't think it seems that complicated, I see the scheme as basically allowing you to donate money to the club (if you can afford to), but rather than being a plain old donation you'll also likely receive some kind of financial payback from it in the future.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean that STs in the Premier League will have to match the Club 1867 prices, you're just willingly helping to 'crowdfund' - as someone put it earlier - the club so it can potentially progress quicker.

4 hours ago, steveger said:

True, but to generalise everyone who has some issues with the club as bedwetters rather than people who care with a passion isn't right mate, i don't think Carlos is the man but it's all about opinions, but i will be over the moon when Carlos proves me wrong in every way as it's about the club, not individuals, people should always aire their opinions

Problem is too many people have agendas and shout the loudest.

When DC came in, he wanted to address the fans' grievances. So we got a new pitch, a new scoreboard, and a new manager too. A manager who plays attractive football instead of Gray's style.

Then aspirations of promotion messed things up. Only the top clubs (ie the ones armed with parachute money, like Newcastle) can usually go up attractively. Those without those payments have done it pragmatically in recent years. The problem is that the players we signed (like Baz) we signed with attractiveness in mind, not pragmatism. So now we've changed styles to go up, but are short of the players to play it.

The irony is that we already had a pragmatic manager in place when DC took over. Now we're caught between two stools, unfortunately.