tonights fans forum

32 minutes ago, zico.b said:

I attended last night and will summarise as follows: -

DC has no problem whatsoever with criticism of him or the club. He just asks that we don't do it 'outside'. ANYBODY who wants a discussion can come to him.

He has money, but is constrained by FFP. He has always been told that the fans will help, if needed, so is giving the chance with the Club 1867 launch.

If Club 1867 doesn't work, he'll have to go to options B or C - sell players or just throw his money in and gamble on a possible future embargo.

DC does not want anybody who cannot afford it to even contemplate the Club 1867. He feels it is his chance to give the fans an opportunity for the good of the club.

The last bit is a little bit from what DC said and a little conjecture on my part, but overall DC is in it for a long time and it's not about quick bucks. He's wanting to pass on to his sons and build a legacy. It's not his club, it's our club. Let's drive it forward and to those that want to debate, go to DC. You might not agree with his answer, but his door is open.

Yeah I was there and I took the same from it. Club 1867 is a way of staying within FFP for a year or two more. The chairman has the money but is at the limit of what he can put in now.

He was very clear it wasn't compulsory or necessary for the club to survive. It just means if we don't go up he will have a decision to make, sell payers and potentially weaken the squad or go for it (with his own money) and risk an embargo.

4 minutes ago, zico.b said:

No, not any players.

Again, my assumption, but given we are launching Club 1867, I doubt any players sales in the transfer window.

Key players that is? Like Rhodes?...I think some fringe players will be allowed to leave. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

26 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Thanks for the info mate. I'm guessing it wasn't discussed but was there anything said about players signing or leaving? 

Quite a bit was mentioned about the difficulty of bringing players in and some examples were used but it was asked to stay in house so I'm not gonna elaborate.

He is clearly annoyed with so called ITK posters on social media who seem to  know more than him on some deals.

What I took from it was that sadly the numpties are indeed the loudest. Questions about team selection were frustrating to say the least!

6 minutes ago, zico.b said:

Possibly, DC was extremely open all evening, but understandably didn't want to go in to too much detail with 3 weeks of the transfer window remaining (he didn't say this, it is my assumption).

Me too, ourkid. :stuwinky:

Edited by AwokenGiant

Very helpful. Very relieved that the questions were for the most part sensible. 

The bottom line is we have a very good Chairman. Better than others I can recall and we should provide him with whatever support we can rather than whinging and moaning constantly (admittedly the few)

Match report : DC 5 - 0 Bedwetters and self-harmers 

Five cracking goals with a string of assists from JP..

WAWAW 

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I really don't think it's my club, I know for certain it's not yours.

Who's club is it then?

Chansiri bought the club but the supporters will be here long after he has departed, I am eternally grateful to the man for doing what is doing but he said himself the club is our club!

2 minutes ago, Watto said:

Who's club is it then?

Chansiri bought the club but the supporters will be here long after he has departed, I am eternally grateful to the man for doing what is doing but he said himself the club is our club!

It's ours, as you say.

Don't forget that being the Chairman of a professional football club is something of a unique position, and understanding the football community, and how it works (seems a bit cliquey to me), is paramount in addition to needing to be a good businessman. 

If you're new to it all, and still naive, as Mr C is (two seasons doesn't make you a wisened, seasoned, wily old goat), then you're dependent upon advice from others in the game who've been around a while. 

So, be patient, and let Mr C learn his trade. He'll come good I'm sure. Especially seeing as he is loaded, committed long time, and can affird to absorb mistakes financially along the way.

The last thing we should be doing is pishing him off. That would be suicide if he decides we don't want him anymore, and if he no longer feels part of our friendly family. Be nice to our Chairman please as he is being nice to us. Thank you.

Sadly there are people that devote their life trying to be ITK people, they attend every press conference and try their hardest to be the 'one's that breaks the news first and Twitter has an abundance of them.

Not surprised DC was pissed off by a few.

11 hours ago, nortonwoodseatslives said:

In 72 years of supporting Wednesday, I don't remember anyone in charge of the club - including Eric Taylor - who shows so much respect for, and interaction with, the fans. Neither  have I ever seen anyone anywhere else, at this level, try to get the fans to understand what he is trying to do to create a top football club.

I hope that all fans will at least give him due respect and support, irrespective of whether they always agree - and perhaps, like others before me in this topic, I will live to see the day when we are in the Premiership.

Maybe the best I ever read on here

12 hours ago, nortonwoodseatslives said:

In 72 years of supporting Wednesday, I don't remember anyone in charge of the club - including Eric Taylor - who shows so much respect for, and interaction with, the fans. Neither  have I ever seen anyone anywhere else, at this level, try to get the fans to understand what he is trying to do to create a top football club.

I hope that all fans will at least give him due respect and support, irrespective of whether they always agree - and perhaps, like others before me in this topic, I will live to see the day when we are in the Premiership.

Very well said, Sir!

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Ha. 

Let's be fair here: if his name was George Smith then people wouldn't be calling for his inclusion yet. 

Be interested to know how often that bloke has seen Hirst Jnr play. Admittedly I've only seen him once in the flesh (U23 final in May) and whilst I was impressed, there's no way he's good enough to be playing in the Championship yet imo. Huge gap between U23 football and the first team. 

If I was George I wouldn't sign a new contract I would leave. Not because I'm not playing but because of the pressure I'm being put under by a section of fans. Ironic thing is the ones who are wanting him to play now could be the ones who drive him out. He might have scored a ton of goals in the under 23s but the championship is a whole new ball game literally. 

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, darra said:

If I was George I wouldn't sign a new contract I would leave. Not because I'm not playing but because of the pressure I'm being put under by a section of fans. Ironic thing is the ones who are wanting him to play now could be the ones who drive him out. He might have scored a ton of goals in the under 23s but the championship is a whole new ball game literally. 

Complete bullcrap

Wayne Rooney made his Premiership debut at 16, and his full England debut at 17.

When you're ready, you're ready. Ask George Hirst if he thinks he's ready 

He'd call out this bullcrap as well

DC comment about Hirst, and the fact we don't 'need' to play him, is bang on the money. Kids often get a chance through circumstance, and no one in their right mind would pick him in front of FF, Joao, Winnall, Rhodes, Fletcher or Hooper.