Harlee Dean

44 minutes ago, woodys said:

theoretically should we not have got roughly whatever the bid for Morrison at cardiff was (6m was it) to spend on the right CH?

And also, originally Carlos was looking for two centre backs. Now he's suggested it will be one, with Hutchinson and Pudil able to fill in if needed. So if we now don't need Mulgrew, and we put aside the idea of bringing in another right back (Hutton) then that's potentially another £3m we now don't need to spend. I would imagine we could easily afford Dean, or any other similarly priced centre back. Certainly I'd rather us add one really good defender, with resale potential, than spaff the money on any more golden oldies

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

And also, originally Carlos was looking for two centre backs. Now he's suggested it will be one, with Hutchinson and Pudil able to fill in if needed. So if we now don't need Mulgrew, and we put aside the idea of bringing in another right back (Hutton) then that's potentially another £3m we now don't need to spend. I would imagine we could easily afford Dean, or any other similarly priced centre back. Certainly I'd rather us add one really good defender, with resale potential, than spaff the money on any more golden oldies

agree, i would rather buy one excellent CB than 2 average ones.

Lees, Loovens, and a decent new player should be enough.

39 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Wages maybe but fee's  a few hundred grand for the pair , personally I would keep Joao over Mattias , and Abdi is an Enigma so far .

Always hated Enya.

This would be an excellent signing if true and could be the making of us becoming a real force. Our good defensive record last season was bought at the expense of attacking football, but a more solid and mobile defensive nucleus could allow our wingers to spend more time winging and less time cutting in or cutting back to help out the defence.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Nuhiu and Joao for starters, and based on the last 12 months, Matias and Abdi... though hopefully those two will come good

But yes, Nuhiu and Joao. 

You knob, Nuhiu and Joao.  Should be Rhodes and Nuhiu, total wastes of space. 

PS Student not aimed at you just anyone inane enough to not look at our best performances of the last 2 years and see pace is the heart of it is totally mental 

Edited by DuttyTeabags
Non personal

Guest Twitterowl

Leeds had bid accepted apparently. Another one gets away. The dirties seem to have a solid defence in Ailing, Jansson and Dean, will be play offs now for sure ffs. 

Guest Twitterowl
Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Have they though? 

Few Leeds lads on twitter saying? May not be correct but can see it happening!

1 hour ago, g-owls said:

London boy, born and bread.

He won't stay at Brentford for ever but I'd expect his next move be somewhere like West Ham or Palace. 

Not this summer though. Unlikely to think they are going to go from Zabaleta and Sakho to Harlee Dean.