Harlee Dean

I went to Ipswich v brentford yesterday and paid a bit more attention to him given the link.

Seems a solid enough CB at this level but is prone to dwelling on the ball too much, got caught in possession 3 times which could have cost brentford. Does organize the back 4 well but I'd say he's an equal not an improvement on what we have.

As an aside - brentford have apparently been playing well without the results and that was evident yesterday. They are gonna struggle if they can't put teams away like Ipswich who were playing with 4 full backs across the back 4.

If ever we do look for a replacement right back - I'd take iorfa from Ipswich - looks very decent. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WatfordOwl said:

I went to Ipswich v brentford yesterday and paid a bit more attention to him given the link.

Seems a solid enough CB at this level but is prone to dwelling on the ball too much, got caught in possession 3 times which could have cost brentford. Does organize the back 4 well but I'd say he's an equal not an improvement on what we have.

As an aside - brentford have apparently been playing well without the results and that was evident yesterday. They are gonna struggle if they can't put teams away like Ipswich who were playing with 4 full backs across the back 4.

If ever we do look for a replacement right back - I'd take iorfa from Ipswich - looks very decent

On loan from Wolves. New gaffer didn't fancy him much 

3 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

If ever we do look for a replacement right back - I'd take iorfa from Ipswich - looks very decent. 

They only just signed Iorfa from Wolves this summer, wish we would have got him, young pacey can play centre back too!

On 12/08/2017 at 14:50, Athelwulf said:

You're not wrong. They'll pay a fortune for forwards, but not defenders. The only conclusion is that the wages are related to the transfer fee, so a big fee means wages which break the defensive wage structure. Lees is on around £25 000 a week, and you'd think he'd be the highest-paid in the defence. A £4 - £5 million defender would be on more than Lees, that's definite.

How do you know how much Lees is earning ?