Harlee Dean

By all accounts he won't be a Brentford player this time next year... just a matter of when and where he goes. 

Would love it to be here, but do we have the necessary funds? I can think of 2/3 players we could get rid of and not miss in order to raise the cash and free up the wages, but offloading is easier said than done... 

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

By all accounts he won't be a Brentford player this time next year... just a matter of when and where he goes. 

Would love it to be here, but do we have the necessary funds? I can think of 2/3 players we could get rid of and not miss in order to raise the cash and free up the wages, but offloading is easier said than done... 

Who are those then ?

45 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Who are those then ?

The obvious one is Winnall. Don't get me wrong, if we don't need to sell, then I'd rather keep him. However, with Rhodes signed, we are well covered in that area, and Winnall's goals last season will still be fresh in the minds of potential suitors. Goal scorers are always in demand, so although there may be others we'd rather shift, making a few million on Winnall would make sense

Edited by gurujuan

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Nuhiu and Joao for starters, and based on the last 12 months, Matias and Abdi... though hopefully those two will come good

But yes, Nuhiu and Joao. 

Wages maybe but fee's  a few hundred grand for the pair , personally I would keep Joao over Mattias , and Abdi is an Enigma so far .

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The obvious one is Winnall. Don't get me wrong, if we don't need to sell, then I'd rather keep him. However, with Rhodes signed, we are well covered in that area, and Winnall's goals last season will still be fresh in the minds of potential suitors. Goal scorers are always in demand, so although there may be others we'd rather shift, making a few million on Winnall would make sense

At the moment I would keep Winnall over Rhodes , we shall see .

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Nuhiu and Joao for starters, and based on the last 12 months, Matias and Abdi... though hopefully those two will come good

But yes, Nuhiu and Joao. 

And McGugan.

unfortunately, I'd have to say Winnall too as Carlos doesn't fancy him. I am convinced we'll raise cash from him before the end of August.

That would still leave Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes, Forestieri and Hirst.

An embarrassment of riches.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

Wages maybe but fee's  a few hundred grand for the pair , personally I would keep Joao over Mattias , and Abdi is an Enigma so far .

With FFP, I don't fully understand it, but as has been explained on here I think the way it works is that any fee you pay for a player is stretched over the length of the initial contract. So say we signed Dean for £6m on a three year contract, that's £2m per season in losses rather than £6m this season. However, income from transfers isn't stretched over the contract, so say we sold Joao and Nuhiu for a combined £1m... that'd be £1m income for this season rather than say £250k for 4? So that may help supplement at least this season's losses?

Just trying to be optimistic, but I agree with you that those two would really only free up wages rather than a sizeable fee though. We apparently have something because of the Morrison bid... just a question of whether it's enough to bring in a good player from a club that drives a hard bargain. 

This is another thing... I wouldn't want to sell either Winnall or Rhodes... but we could definitely get away with selling one of them and "not miss him" because we've got enough strength in depth that it probably wouldn't result in a sizable diminishment of goals scored. So I guess if we really needed to cash in...? 

Hopefully we can make a Dean transfer happen