The Wednesday v Chesterfield Matchday Thread

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Anyway...chill the flip out the lot of you. 

It is not a bad team by any stretch (though I'd like see Boyd and Wallace both play). 

Im here to see with my own two eyes, so can confirm in a bit if everyone is being a big hysterical fanny or whether you need to get another prescription of beta blockers :duntmatter:

Pics of the new top plz ??

6 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

I could scream seeing Bannan outwide yet again.

It didn't work last season, it certainly didn't work in the playoffs and I don't expect it to work now!!

Bannan is a good midfielder, but a CENTRAL midfielder! 

Come on Carlos man..

He has played as a wide midfielder for most of his career, though.

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Sodding Nuhiu on the bench. Why not have Hirst on the bench and give him a few mins towards the end. 

Hirst wasn't even given a squad number, so what makes people think he's going to be handed a chance in our second game? Not assigning him a number showed clear intent that the club is anticipating he'll play a role in our season. Big mistake in my books, especially from a morale point of view.

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Teams that play with 3 at the back tend not to have 2 of the 3 being full backs.

Yeh, I'm trying to be optimistic :rolleyes:   CC has played Pudil as a centre back in pre-season. :wacko:

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Crikey! Don't you like Tom Lees or something!

We shouldn't need to defend too much against Chessie

Still trying to work out what Carlos is thinking with this line up.

Think he may be trying to get the best out of Hunt and Reach as full backs as that is clearly something we need to improve on.

Also Bannan will get into spaces higher like this to link with Hopper, Fletcher and Abdi.

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He has played as a wide midfielder for most of his career, though.

If Abdi plays central you need a grafter on the wing next to him. Reach / Bannan and in tougher games Boyd on the other one with Lee next to him. 

I dont see the fuss. Looks a solid team with creativity in 3 of the 4 midfielders and two exceedingly good forwards. 

5 minutes ago, GoldGigsChris said:

Wildsmith

Hunt                        Lees                    Pudil

Jones                      Bannan

Wallace                   Abdi                      Reach

Fletcher                  Hooper

Wildsmith

Hunt                    Lees                    Pudil

Wallace             Jones                 Reach    

Abdi                 Bannan            

Hooper            

Fletcher

This could be fun :)

Just now, Dronfield Blue said:

A bit off topic, but I'm not going tonight. Is Wednesday plater now defunct?

It's now iFollow. If you had a Player account, your details (inlcuding logins) should've transferred to iFollow.

You now log in on the OS using the link in the top right-hand corner of the front page, and then go to the 'match centre' for the fixture in question.

For us UK signups, audio commentary is still available much as it was with iPlayer, again at £4.49/mo or £45 per season (so, oddly, it's 10p cheaper to pay monthly for a 10-month season, but there you go).

The actual link for audio commentary doesn't seem to pop up until about five minutes before kickoff, and the commentary feed goes live just before the whistle blows, so no buildup or whatever.

Unsure if this game is available at all though, trying to work out if iFollow covers EFL league games only.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Just now, GoldGigsChris said:

We shouldn't need to defend too much against Chessie

Some folks said t that about Preston!

Still. I suppose It's nice to see someone keeping the old Corinthian spirit alive having just the one natural defender!

2 minutes ago, bobness said:

Hirst wasn't even given a squad number, so what makes people think he's going to be handed a chance in our second game? Not assigning him a number showed clear intent that the club is anticipating he'll play a role in our season. Big mistake in my books, especially from a morale point of view.

On second thought, looks like Baker has made the bench, and he wasn't handed a number during our initial announcement. So I take this back.

2 minutes ago, bobness said:

Ash Baker wasn't given a squad number but is on the bench tonight.  Last few years U23's have only been given a number when needed ie last season about half a dozen were in the squad for League Cup tie and needed numbers.  Fact Hirst wasn't involved with the first team in pre season was a bigger indicator.

Listen fellows! Lets not get too down.  He might be about to surprise us!

Wallace                      Fletcher                      Hooper

Bannan                       Abdi

Jones

Reach           Pudil             Lees        Hunt

Wildsmith