Where the flip is the Official Matchday Thread?

Interesting stat on the BBC:

- Only Liverpool (67) and Man Utd (56) have won more opening games in league history than Sheffield Wednesday (54).
- Meanwhile, only Bury (50) have lost more opening day games in Football League history than Preston (49) - level with Barnsley and Bolton.

That's put the kibosh on us winning today then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zico.b said:

Pauli - A truly inspired OMDT.

Greetings from a sweltering Fuerteventura where I am hoping the €6.00 I've already stumped up to iFollow doesn't just go towards their Christmas party.

Otherwise, I'm relying on t'internet updates and @ChapSmurf for texts from the ground.

Go forth my strangely striped yellow and black gladiators and bring home the spoils.

If we don't win today we can forget about promotion.

UTO.

I aint texting you squat. If you can't be arsed to get yo lilly white ass (see what I did there) back for this game, then that's yo prombles beeeatch. (sucks air through front teeth).

Half time, full time and goal updates okay rkid? :manager:

Edit: Forgot to praise the OMDT. The research pauli must put in to find all these facts just amazes me. I really don't know what drugs he is on how he does it.

Edited by ChapSmurf

27 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Interesting stat on the BBC:

- Only Liverpool (67) and Man Utd (56) have won more opening games in league history than Sheffield Wednesday (54).
- Meanwhile, only Bury (50) have lost more opening day games in Football League history than Preston (49) - level with Barnsley and Bolton.

That's put the kibosh on us winning today then.

My word. Nailed on defeat today!

47 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Yep. Attack the opponents rather than invite them on. Unfortunately I suspect he will do the latter and we will lose 2-0.

Agreed. It's harder strategy to hold out for a single goal win than to win by 2+ imo.

I'll be staggered if the midfield isn't Boyd, Bannan, Hutchinson, Reach.

Boyd, Abdi, Hutchinson and FF has more than double the creative flair.

They also have a dreadful defence so the stronger we are at creating the better chance we have of winning. I can see a 0-0 for a very long portion of the game again, the usual 'sterility'  approach. But I could be wrong....

Edited by Redcoat

9 hours ago, offalyowl said:

Dunno whether to plus you or neg you Pauli, I'm after waiting nearly 3 long months for your matchday threads and that's all we got, very disappointed with you but because I think we will win 2 nil, I'll forgive you this once but don't let it happen again 

Paulis agent is in discussions with Neil over image rights and stuff. This Naymar transfer has opened a reyt can of worms.

Here's to a great 150th anniversary year for The Owls.

Wishing all our supporters safe travels and a  stunning promotion season. (Please God no playoffs!)

All the best to the Chairman, Carlos and the lads.

This from @eduardo_LACS on Twitter.

IMG_0401.JPG

Edited by Magic Rat
Credit photo

10 hours ago, Redcoat said:

Wish he'd bring out the guns for this. Rhodes and Hooper up top, Nando on the wing and Abdi in with Hutch.

Get a creator in while a Hutch breaks everything up.

I'd agree with this but Fletch for Rhodes. Just feel Hooper and Fletcher the better pairing based on those 6 wins in a row. 

We'll need some physicality with those dirty kants. Rhodes is too nice. 

5 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

We'll need some physicality with those dirty kants. 

In my excitement about Wednesday I had almost forgotten about Preston.  They are a set of niggling Knobbers. 

Especially that Pearson , who I now recall was one of my most hated players last season.