Leppings Lane "Sheffield Wednesday" Sign

3 hours ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

Can't see companies rushing to have their branding and advertising plastered on a stand that's associated with one of Britain's biggest sporting disasters.

The banner will do for now. I'd love to see the famous neon lights back up and working in the future.

Undertakers?   

I know, I know.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What would be innovative, exciting and revenue winning would be a huge video screen wall across the back showing adverts for upcoming games, merch, events, conference rooms, wedding room hire and adverts for our sponsors

Now that would be something that would be another level to what we have been doing over the last god knows how many years

Might be a better idea back of the Kop more traffic 

Everyone agrees that the stand is an eyesore, not fit for purpose and needs pulling down. This is probably fairly low on our list of priorities right now so the chairman has decided to spend some of his own money to give it a short term tidy up until we are ready to replace the stand.

Yet folk still whine and complain, seemingly at every little thing the owner does. It's not just people offering an opinion of whether they like it or not, it goes beyond that. It must be a bit depressing for Mr Chansiri.

Keep the neon sign with a crap football team struggling to stay in league on or give me a decent side challenging for the premier league with the minor facelift....I know which I would choose 

Edited by Miffed

3 hours ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

Can't see companies rushing to have their branding and advertising plastered on a stand that's associated with one of Britain's biggest sporting disasters.

The banner will do for now. I'd love to see the famous neon lights back up and working in the future.

I wouldn't think that the footfall is too high during the week or weekend when we're playing away. 

Would be a massive outlay for advertising that would be good for about 1 hour every 2 weeks from August to April 

Edited by Rogers

46 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Everyone agrees that the stand is an eyesore, not fit for purpose and needs pulling down. This is probably fairly low on our list of priorities right now so the chairman has decided to spend some of his own money to give it a short term tidy up until we are ready to replace the stand.

Yet folk still whine and complain, seemingly at every little thing the owner does. It's not just people offering an opinion of whether they like it or not, it goes beyond that. It must be a bit depressing for Mr Chansiri.

Keep the neon sign with a crap football team struggling to stay in league on or give me a decent side challenging for the premier league with the minor facelift....I know which I would choose 

2 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Something probably needed to be done because it was an eyesore, and has been for a loooong time.

Once again however we appear to have had good intentions and cocked it up a bit.

It looks amateurish.

Both ends of the spectrum here, I fail to see how they have cocked it up tho?

49 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Where is the trade off? It is total imaginary to propose "keep the sign and have a crap team or..."

The sign with the 60s type face lettering, like the instantly identifiable Wednesday kit and the badge with the stylised owl were/are good elements of SWFC and should be used not ditched, especially not ditched for what are 2nd rate crummy/tacky alternatives.

Edited by kobayashi

56 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Are we getting one of those 'digital' red dot ticker signs where the words move along the length of it, spelling out a message, like in a barber's shop?

Away fans eunt domus

Or

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here

Or

Please ignore the vast areas of netting covering the perfectly usable seats.

Maybe we should have a club barber.