Leppings Lane "Sheffield Wednesday" Sign

39 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But this thread is not about ticket prices or emblems of the club, it's about a banner on Leppings Lane - which is why you are in this thread and have used it as another reason to moan and gripe about DC.

Yes ticket prices and kit are big issues to many but the same faces appear to be appearing in threads unrelated to big issues just to have another moan at something else and spend far more time doing so than being positive. 

It looks like we might be on the verge of signing an international defender who has spent most of his career playing top level football. I hope some will put as much effort into commenting on that as they have done into worrying about how cartoon owls eyes look on the away end.

I think the banner is risible but unimportant.  Should people who enjoy posting on this forum who think it's a bit bobbar not say so and take the wee wee a bit? God forbid OT and Chansiri get like the Mail and Farage/Hitler. 

I was simply pondering why re off the pitch issues l find myself at odds with a lot he does - banner included. That's why I broadened it. It was an out loud ponder.

See you at Deepdale. That's where support counts. 

51 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

There's a difference between being in a mess and something changing about the character of the club that makes it seem like a different entity. For me ticket prices and kit are fundamental to this.

I'm not particularly patriotic but if the PM decides to change the Union Jack because it's a bit stripy I'd probably harrumph. And I think the ticket prices are terrible and make us the worst of the worst when it comes to something I hate about modern football.

Those are 2 of the things that matter a lot to me - there are more - and are down to him and him alone.  Each to their own but they mean I'm not going to hero worship Chansiri and they don't mean I'm not a Wednesday fan. Why else would I go to Preston? 

Are you going to Preston? You should have mentioned it earlier...

Serious question - would you prefer Dave Allen in charge if he charged £20 adult tickets per game and gave us the striped shirts you pine for and only had SWFC branding in and around the ground?

Forget what the team would resemble on the pitch just for this exercise as that would be down to how much the aforementioned chairman would be prepared to spend.

Indeed it might not even be Dave Allen. It could be any local businessman with a similar amount of wealth.

2 minutes ago, erowl said:

Are you going to Preston? You should have mentioned it earlier...

Serious question - would you prefer Dave Allen in charge if he charged £20 adult tickets per game and gave us the striped shirts you pine for and only had SWFC branding in and around the ground?

Forget what the team would resemble on the pitch just for this exercise as that would be down to how much the aforementioned chairman would be prepared to spend.

Indeed it might not even be Dave Allen. It could be any local businessman with a similar amount of wealth.

It's not an either or is it.

See you at Deepdale

lol

11 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

You missed my positivity/patience too. Confirmation bias? Does that work with negativity?

No idea but if I see you at Preston tomorrow you can explain it all to me in more detail!