Leppings Lane "Sheffield Wednesday" Sign

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I think the new steel badge on the South looks great, but the badges on the Kop are awful, and this...well...it's tragic.

those neon blue lights were magnificent at night when they were working. Absolutely magical as a kid driving past and seeing that. Just a tasteful run of clean and subtle coloured cladding with the old lights (working) would have been great.

This is just abysmal- like last season's kit, like the new kit's , like the Kop badges. Where will it end I wonder?

Dry pies and pale sausage rolls next....it's written in the stars!

Absolute shambles!

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

I preferred the good old days when we gave away the sponshorship to SCH and paid them for every shirt sold then a few months later the Chairman going to the press and telling everyone we didn't give them the money.  (But we had but late).

Good times!

At least it was a Wednesday kit, and to be fair to LS everyone loved the idea at first- even if the execution apparently went a bit pear shaped.

23 minutes ago, Owling said:

Comment:"This is an absolute eyesore. The stand is a lasting memory of one of the world's worst sporting disaster and yet it remains standing. The owners of the club should be looking to replace the stand completely, not covering it with an amateurish drawing"

Got a point though.

"Rip it up" (and start again)... Edwyn Collins 1983

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

At least it was a Wednesday kit, and to be fair to LS everyone loved the idea at first- even if the execution apparently went a bit pear shaped.

The new kits are ok and the 3rd kit will be the winner.

Obviously they've been made in house and being badged up with the sponsors.

I like the badge, "The Wednesday" element, the gold bits and there are no stars thankfuck.

Not the best kits we've ever had but also not the worst and there's some thought gone into the revenue aspect.

Be reyt.

I'll miss that always looked impressive when illuminated - very much less so the rest of the time.

So farewell then

Old West Stand Sign

So for one last time.......

hillsborough458l_zpsyicyabq8.jpg

Edited by dunsbyowl

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

The new kits are ok and the 3rd kit will be the winner.

Obviously they've been made in house and being badged up with the sponsors.

I like the badge, "The Wednesday" element, the gold bits and there are no stars thankfuck.

Not the best kits we've ever had but also not the worst and there's some thought gone into the revenue aspect.

Be reyt.

Collar should have been white on the home shirt, without a doubt.

Away kit look like it's was knocked up in about 5 minutes. If they were trying to base it on the 93 away shirt they should have gone the whole hog and had the solid black stripes with the white pin stripe (and collar). 

3 minutes ago, dunsbyowl said:

I'll miss that always looked impressive when illuminated - very much less so the rest of the time.

So farewell then

Old West Stand Sign

So for one last time.......

hillsborough458l_zpsyicyabq8.jpg

Magnificent. 

Far better than the titts with tassels that are going up.

4 hours ago, sagoth66 said:

Love the objection:

Comment Details
Commenter Type: Other Interested Party
Stance: Customer objects to the Planning Application
Comment Reasons:
- Object
Comment:This is an absolute eyesore. The stand is a lasting memory of one of the world's worst
sporting disaster and yet it remains standing. The owners of the club should be looking to replace
the stand completely, not covering it with an amateurish drawing.

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Collar should have been white on the home shirt, without a doubt.

Away kit look like it's was knocked up in about 5 minutes. If they were trying to base it on the 93 away shirt they should have gone the whole hog and had the solid black stripes with the white pin stripe (and collar). 

It's an attempt to cast an eye on a fan's favourite of the past with an updated retro edge too it.  It'll sell just watch.

The white one will be the retreat for the rowdy rebels as well as being popular anyway.  Revenue will increase and only the mardyarses will harp on about it all season.

15 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Orange Juice. 

It's polite when quoting a lyric someone has written to actually quote the composer and not the band ...

Yes you are correct Bradowl -- Orange juice did perform the song but Edwyn wrote it and I was using his composition as a metaphorical statement about the best way to deal with the Leppings lane stand.. (Are the letters going on Gumtree or Ebay ?) would love them on the ballroom wall at "Ghost Manor" Lady Owlerton may take some convincing though..........

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

"Provision of a non-illuminated printed mesh banner on the back of the west stand facing Leppings Lane". 

what's that then^^^

The proposal is to erect a PVC coated 305gsm mesh banner across the west stand facing Leppings Lane. The signage will include imagery of an owl and white lettering on a blue background. The maximum height of the lettering will measure 1 metre. The signage will be positioned 11 metres above groundlevel and will measure 8 metres in height and 73 metres in width. The signage will not project beyond the elevation.