POLL - DO YOU LIKE THE NEW SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY KITS?

Do you like the new Sheffield Wednesday kits?  

1,173 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new SWFC home shirt?

• YES
    • NO
  2. 2. Do you like the new SWFC away shirt?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Will you buy the new SWFC home shirt?

• YES
    • NO
  4. 4. Will you buy the new SWFC away shirt?

• YES
    • NO

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Good point

Hate that shirt that Hirsty's wearing

Reminds me of watching Mark Pembridge walking round with a face like a slapped arse

That shirt certainly was unpopular. Not one of my favourites either but you're right about Pembridge, maybe he had small man syndrome.

Love the home shirt. Loved the 60s "blue Arsenal" kit because it was my first Wednesday shirt. Prefer stripes most seasons, but as the 150th kit it works for me. Away shirt vaguely reminiscent of a certain cup run and I'm Ok with it. Happy to be a Wednesdayite. No complaints today.

All this time and that's the best they can come up with?

I know what happens on the pitch is the most important thing but for all the fuss made over it being 150 years the kits shouldn't really be looking like something knocked up by a 12 year old on the old Apple Mac from 1992.

I was really hoping for something far better after last seasons home shirt. The one from the previous year, our last in stripes is probably the best one we're going to have for quite some time.

Oh well, roll on Saturday. 

so is the white and gold "3rd" kit an actual kit this year? 

cos i'd buy that one... 

and these two kits aren't all that unappealing to me. i've seen much worse. just not a big fan. 

Edited by pachyderm

Guest Theboylangers

I don't buy home or away shirts anymore but there's not much wrong with either of these.

Still, having said that, give us our flipping stripes back! 

I fvcckking hate (yes hate) the home shirt with a vengeance! I fvcckking hate it! I has nothing at all to do with our traditional or identity. It is based upon a shirt that we had for less than 10 years in our 150 - that's less than 1/15 of our history. It doesn't reflect our history and it is not our identity. It's vv4nk!!!!!!

The home shirt has more to do with Mr C's ego than it does our history, tradition and identity. I fvcckking hate it!!!!!

2 hours ago, mrgund said:

The thing to remember is ... both kits will become cult classics when CC is lifting that Championship trophy at the end of the season and we watch back the season review VHS and see the glorious away days in our gold and black kit.

I hope you are right pal.

23 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I fvcckking hate (yes hate) the home shirt with a vengeance! I fvcckking hate it! I has nothing at all to do with our traditional or identity. It is based upon a shirt that we had for less than 10 years in our 150 - that's less than 1/15 of our history. It doesn't reflect our history and it is not our identity. It's vv4nk!!!!!!

The home shirt has more to do with Mr C's ego than it does our history, tradition and identity. I fvcckking hate it!!!!!

Wow take some medication ...weve played in this kit before.

I'll never be happy with a home kit that doesn't contain our iconic blue and white stripes(preferably with black shirts). This should be non-negotiable and I really can't understand Wednesday fans defending it.

As for the away shirt, it surely can't be that hideous in real life, can it?

I was never going to like this new 'home' kit anyway - so I was well prepared for the disappointment

However, I wasn't prepared for the positive reaction I've seen on these pages so far

All that's required now is for Mr C to open tonight's meeting with a show of hands and then I fear all will be lost