POLL - DO YOU LIKE THE NEW SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY KITS?

Do you like the new Sheffield Wednesday kits?  

1,173 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new SWFC home shirt?

• YES
    • NO
  2. 2. Do you like the new SWFC away shirt?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Will you buy the new SWFC home shirt?

• YES
    • NO
  4. 4. Will you buy the new SWFC away shirt?

• YES
    • NO

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

If the arrogant childish Chansiri had bought us in 2018, he would have changed us to all blue.

Actions of a spoilt rich portly kid, living of his grand/ parents hard work.

Nowt to do with the 150.

You've quoted a post which is putting across the same viewpoint as you, but without feeling the need to be a little beat about.

Try learning from that.

16 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Let's be honest - you knew we did, I knew we did, most fans know we did - did it really need a background pic showing it too, or was it more about showing some familiar faces from our past history?

The rest of the footballing world doesn't really care what we wear either.

With a non-stripped shirt being our 150th, it would have made sense to at least have it on the graphic somewhere. Obviously Mr Chansiri considers that shirt important, yet it's not on the promotional material. That's just a tad unusual.

I'm also assuming Mr Chansiri wants to promote our club further afield, so there will be key markets he's looking at who have no idea the 150th shirt represents our past from 40/50 years ago.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

I love the home shirt and I like the away shirt. I will definitely be buying a home shirt but I never buy an away shirt so this year won't be any different.
Just to get an outside perspective on the shirts as well as our chances of promotion here is something from a Brentord fan blog.
"Instead, Sheffield Wednesday are the team that will finally come good and take the second spot. Celebrating their 150th year with some cracking new kits, to boot (in my opinion, and not including our own, the best shirts in the Championship ) they’ll go up after knocking on the door for so long." https://nickbruzonslastword.wordpress.com/2017/08/03/who-will-win-the-championship-who-will-go-down-what-about-the-bees-who-has-the-best-new-kit/

12 hours ago, zzmdu said:

If the arrogant childish Chansiri had bought us in 2018, he would have changed us to all blue.

Actions of a spoilt rich portly kid, living of his grand/ parents hard work.

Nowt to do with the 150.

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday Kit.jpg

The away kit looks like a child was colouring-in but ran out of black pen doing the sleeves and had to use a pencil to to the stripes.

Still, at least the home kit does what it's meant to and reminds me of a period of our 150 year history....  our most promising side ever being dismantled gradually and falling into the abyss.

Edited by Lord Snooty

It's hard being a supporter.

I don't mind the home shirt design. Now that I'm resigned to the fact that DC has got rid of our stripes. :sad:

And I've voted that I won't be buying it...

But there's that niggling feeling in the back of my mind that I will end up buying it.

It's our 150th year anniversary shirt. 

The badge is unique for one season. 

I'll probably buy it.

FFS

Unless it's stupidly expensive, then they can fùck right off.

Edited by Donny.Owl

23 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

It's hard being a supporter.

I don't mind the home shirt design. Now that I'm resigned to the fact that DC has got rid of our stripes. :sad:

And I've voted that I won't be buying it...

But there's that niggling feeling in the back of my mind that I will end up buying it.

It's our 150th year anniversary shirt. 

The badge is unique for one season. 

I'll probably buy it.

FFS

Unless it's stupidly expensive, then they can fùck right off.

they are growing on me. 

the home kit is one we've worn before and i like it. the away kit is a variation on one we've worn before... although the actual kit from tht season is much better.

the white kit with blue shorts is a real thing right? we are going to play in that at some point? 

Part of the problem is the photo.

The home kit doesn't fit properly or it's made badly. When you walk past a shop front and there's a shirt on a mannequin it's  pinned and pulled back etc to make it look good, then you see it and want to buy it.

The marketing department have screwed this one up. Fletcher is fitter than me, if it looks bobbar on him what the fu** am I going to look like in that thing?

I might wait until I see it around and know the cost first. If it's more than £40.......it's a no.

Away shirt....hmmmmm nope

38 minutes ago, pachyderm said:

they are growing on me. 

the home kit is one we've worn before and i like it. the away kit is a variation on one we've worn before... although the actual kit from tht season is much better.

the white kit with blue shorts is a real thing right? we are going to play in that at some point? 

They're not really growing on me. lol

I'm trying not to look. They get worse every time I do.

Hate the colour of the badge. Looks rubbish in pale blue.

Hate the detail on the sleeves, smacks of amateur design. The kind of thing a kid would add to a drawing.

But, like I said, it's for the 150th anniversary. It won't come around again. 

Feel like I should have it.

Not fussed about the fact I hate the away kit. They're always hit or miss.

Just hope they do justice to Karl's design.