POLL - DO YOU LIKE THE NEW SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY KITS?

Do you like the new Sheffield Wednesday kits?  

1,173 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new SWFC home shirt?

• YES
    • NO
  2. 2. Do you like the new SWFC away shirt?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Will you buy the new SWFC home shirt?

• YES
    • NO
  4. 4. Will you buy the new SWFC away shirt?

• YES
    • NO

Whilst the stripe thing doesn't bother me, all the outfield players on the graphic behind have stripes, which is a big part of our history, yet they don't appear on the home shirt. Would have expected some 1960/70's images on the graphic just so people know we did actually wear the 150th home shirt at some point in our life!

Just now, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Whilst the stripe thing doesn't bother me, all the outfield players on the graphic behind have stripes, which is a big part of our history, yet they don't appear on the home shirt. Would have expected some 1960/70's images on the graphic just so people know we did actually wear the 150th home shirt at some point in our life!

Good point

Hate that shirt that Hirsty's wearing

Reminds me of watching Mark Pembridge walking round with a face like a slapped arse

Owlstalk Shop

I like the away shirt, but I don't think id be seen dead in one which is a bit hypocritical I know.

I am though amused by the fact that DC, having decided Sondico's shirts were of a quality he's not happy about, decided that an energy drinks company could produce better ones lol

Edited by NOT Tom Fisher

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Good point

Hate that shirt that Hirsty's wearing

Reminds me of watching Mark Pembridge walking round with a face like a slapped arse

Agreed. People talk about the worst shirts in our history - that one Hirsty is wearing and the 2005 think with a thick blue stripe (wrong colour blue annaul!) are the worst I've ever seen - and by some distance!

I won't buy the home one because I've already got a 1960s Toffs one that is more retro and more stylish and seemingly far better made. The new home shirt looks like a more modern tacky version of the 1960s kit. I will however purchase the away kit or the 3rd kit as they're more creative, stylish and interesting than the home kit.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

8 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

That's probably because just like last season's home kit it doesn't actually look like the kit it's based upon. Just a cheaper tackier poorly made modern version of it. :ph34r:

Just now, Mr. Wednesday said:

That's probably because just like last season's home kit it doesn't actually look like the kit it's based upon. Just a cheaper tackier poorly made modern version of it. :ph34r:

It was always going to be that though, wasn't it? All modern shirts are cheap and tacky. Can't beat the quality of the originals!

The thing to remember is ... both kits will become cult classics when CC is lifting that Championship trophy at the end of the season and we watch back the season review VHS and see the glorious away days in our gold and black kit.