johan djourou

He's a good player when fit but just spends to much time over the years not fit. Also I reckon with him being released he will be one of those players nowhere near up to speed and will take months of CCs special preseason plan to get anywhere near match ready. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

He's definitely got pedigree but whether he can cut it in the rough and tumble of the championship particularly after spending the last 2 years or so playing in the Bundesliga and it's relative slow pace is another thing?

German league is very similar to England. It's Spain thats played at walking pace

30 year old swiss international centre half for free. Decent pedigree. Sounds better than nobody to me. At least this guy has played at a good level. Rather have him than spend 6 million on a possible propsect if we dont have the money to play with

7 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

9 years at arsenal isn't to be sniffed at. Still only 30 years old. Only negative is not played much football in recent years. 

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He's a good player when fit but just spends to much time over the years not fit. Also I reckon with him being released he will be one of those players nowhere near up to speed and will take months of CCs special preseason plan to get anywhere near match ready. 

Emmanuelson anyone.

7 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

He's definitely got pedigree but whether he can cut it in the rough and tumble of the championship particularly after spending the last 2 years or so playing in the Bundesliga and it's relative slow pace is another thing?

Not sure where you get the idea that the Bundesliga is slow paced....its the closest league to English football in Europe in terms of pace and style of play from what I've seen. I'd be happy enough if we  signed him,  decent age (30) 10 years at one of the top clubs in the country, around 200 games all in Europe's top divisions and over 60 caps at international level for a decent team with world cup finals experience.  Sounds ok to me.

7 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Bit wrong people saying he's crap when he's only ever played in the top leagues and been an international player. 

Yeah, but after seeing the way he was given the runaround by the likes of Villa, Messi, Iniesta and Xavi - apart from that time he was part of an Arsenal team which beat them, of course - imagine what the likes of Burton Albion could do to him.

13 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Him and mulgrew would be decent IMO

Agreed. If we can get those two with only a minimal fee for Mulgrew (presumably around 500k) then I reckon that would be a decent bit of business

Just now, Dunkstar said:

Agreed. If we can get those two with only a minimal fee for Mulgrew (presumably around 500k) then I reckon that would be a decent bit of business

Yep I agree too, then we just need to sort out the midfield and where the creativity is going to come from this season 

He would be a great acquisition. He would be the best signing from all the names ive heard.

Anyone who says he is crap needs their bumps feeling.

I actually saw him play at Hamburg against Werder Bremen and he was brilliant. Controlled the game and won everything thrown at him. 

Edited by Brad_owl

The club get slated for looking at 200 centre backs, and not finding one to sign.

Every centre back linked so far has been rubbished by a section on here.

I'm not being funny fellas, but which signing is everyone actually expecting?