johan djourou

3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Sam1. Genuinely sorry. Read your post wrong. Thought you were talking about JT coming here. 

Regarding Djorou, why do you think he would want to come here? How old was loovens when he came here? Do you think Djorou doesnt have a career left in him at 30?

lol

I think he'd want to come here for a two year deal at 30-40k a week and not have to put any effort in. Then do an Urby and go back to Switzerland for a 5-10k a week deal. He has nothing to prove, clearly isn't hungry as he didn't want to fight for his place at Hamburger. Much rather get a 25 year old Hanley who has time to prove himself enough to get a premier league contract and has to fight for his Scotland shirt.

17 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

99 premier league appearances

108 Bundesliga appearances

19 champions league appearances

67 caps for Switzerland 

The guy is no mug to have played so many games at the top level of football. 

Some people on here would turn their nose up at Messi . 

Unbelievable  

Totally agree, yet some on here sre sponkin in their  pants over Danny Batth!

International defender, decent pedigree and at 6'3 would give us a presence at the back I think we lack 

didn't realise he was only 30 

Be a great signing on a free, experience, versatile & good on the ball

Much rather have him than Danny Batth, don't get the love in with DB yes he was good 6 years ago in a wee wee poor league, but people sticking their noses up at a international centre back, who has played for some of the top teams

after reading owlstalk today, anyone would have thought we have just dropped out of the football league and about to cease trading. We lost a friendly, Fulham lost 7-0, Brighton last years got spanked in all their friendly. 

1 hour ago, sam1 said:

If there is any truth in it then shows two things 1. We haven't learned from Emmanuelson and 2. DC isn't paying out anymore transfer fees. Extremely worrying.

Emmanuelson was always a stop gap measure and I doubt he was on anything like he was claiming , DC is not prepared to pay silly transfer fees at this moment in time , it's a game of Russian roulette and we will found out at the close of the transfer window IF he has made the correct call. 

Edited by elyowl1

1 minute ago, LoOkOut said:

Played in the PL

Played in the top flight in Germany 

Lots of caps for Switzerland 

And he's free ...oh and not Scottish. 

Not that bad.

Not good enough for Owlstalk.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

The club get slated for looking at 200 centre backs, and not finding one to sign.

Every centre back linked so far has been rubbished by a section on here.

I'm not being funny fellas, but which signing is everyone actually expecting? 

The fact we didn't get Bonucci from Juventus says it all about Chansiri's ambition!!! /s

27 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Emmanuelson was always a stop gap measure and I doubt he was on anything like he was claiming , DC is not prepared to pay silly transfer fees at this moment in time , it's a game of Russian roulette and we will found out at the close of the transfer window IF he has made the correct call. 

I still think Emmanuelson might've been a favour/ relationship builder to an agent which perhaps opens the door to signings like this (if it's true)

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I still think Emmanuelson might've been a favour/ relationship builder to an agent which perhaps opens the door to signings like this (if it's true)

That or our recruitment team for last season was gash . 

49 minutes ago, sam1 said:

lol

I think he'd want to come here for a two year deal at 30-40k a week and not have to put any effort in. Then do an Urby and go back to Switzerland for a 5-10k a week deal. He has nothing to prove, clearly isn't hungry as he didn't want to fight for his place at Hamburger. Much rather get a 25 year old Hanley who has time to prove himself enough to get a premier league contract and has to fight for his Scotland shirt.

He is only 30. Whoever is better we should sign. How do you know Hanley wants to prove himself? He might just be another waster like Urby. Maybe thats why he didnt succeed at Newcastle. 

Edited by flo

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I don't get the negativity on a signing like that, if true and assuming he's fit he's a lot better than a few players we'd be paying millions for 

The guy has been class, had a fall out at Hamburg , he is a leader and old fashioned centre back he is great in the air and loves a tackle

Could be a shrewd option, cheap gamble worth a shout