Alan Hutton

It's obvious we needed more quality from our right fullback in the system we play.

All too often the ball came to hunt or  Palmer in an advanced position and we didn't capitalise.

Hutton will improve us considerably.

1 minute ago, Bodhidharma said:

It's obvious we needed more quality from our right fullback in the system we play.

All too often the ball came to hunt or  Palmer in an advanced position and we didn't capitalise.

Hutton will improve us considerably.

This

Hutton + Boyd on the right, Reach + FF on the left? Filthy. 

1 hour ago, hirstysboots said:

If he signs for Wednesday we should welcome him, then get behind him.  Sadly, half our fans will slag him off before he even kicks a ball! 

Quite right mate, but until then, he's a right heap of crap

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Not very inspring but proof will be in his performances.

You have to assume we have scouted him extensively, and his stats stack up.

I would have to agree with you there and say although I'm not thrilled, I will trust the research and scouting that has been done, along with the manager's judgement.

We lost our heads in big games and it's experienced players with PL experience that will help that. You don't play at the top level that long if you're not good enough.

Would be interesting to know if this transfer market approach is purely financial/FFP led, whether there are agents advising with Scottish connections or whether CC only works off a list of players who he liked the look of a few years ago and hasn't scouted since (Wallace, Hooper,Bannan, Hutton, Mulgrew are of an era) .

I just think that if we don't go up it will likely be new mananger and new approach but with lots of relatively old players on big contracts restricting things

40 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We lost our heads in big games and it's experienced players with PL experience that will help that. You don't play at the top level that long if you're not good enough.

Would be interesting to know if this transfer market approach is purely financial/FFP led, whether there are agents advising with Scottish connections or whether CC only works off a list of players who he liked the look of a few years ago and hasn't scouted since (Wallace, Hooper,Bannan, Hutton, Mulgrew are of an era) .

I just think that if we don't go up it will likely be new mananger and new approach but with lots of relatively old players on big contracts restricting things

I wouldn't say too many games were lost that way, perhaps Brighton, but the experienced players were the ones to blame. We lost most because we didn't have the creativity, or guile to break teams down

40 minutes ago, island owl said:

Don't know what people expect, a few years ago this would be a great signing. He is a good solid defender so lets get behind him and give him our full support.

A few years ago, most of our signings would be good signings Trouble is, it's 2017

Disappointed if true and especially if the fee is correct. We could have signed a younger, fitter, already better right back with potential sell-n value and someone who could get even better for a third of that price. Colin has got a steal if past it players like Hutton are going for £1.5m in comparison 

21 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I wouldn't say too many games were lost that way, perhaps Brighton, but the experienced players were the ones to blame. We lost most because we didn't have the creativity, or guile to break teams down

Two games against Brighton, Leeds and Huddersfield in the playoffs had an element of it. Not only missing penalties but generally lacking belief that we could win despite having the chances to do so 

1 hour ago, hirstysboots said:

If he signs for Wednesday we should welcome him, then get behind him.  Sadly, half our fans will slag him off before he even kicks a ball! 

He hasn't even signed and he's getting slated, never mind kick a ball!