Alan Hutton

43 minutes ago, Slick. said:

The thing is, it's not 2008 anymore.  Hutton would be an ok signing, for a sensible fee/wages.

Personally, I'd take Hutton on a one-year deal or two-year deal.  He might just be worth a gamble.  He's a player on the decline but he could still be decent as a short-term fix for us.

When we offer Hutton a 4 year contract, that's when we will know that it's sh*t or bust this season.

Whoever's doing our recruitment, certainly thinks it's 2008 This is will not end well, I fear. 

7 minutes ago, Pod9 said:

If this was Champ Manager, I'd be offering him a deal as "squad player". Personally I think we need to aim a little higher than him. Id still pick Hunt over him. 

Problem is to aim higher than him and Hunt nowadays your talking 5 or 6 million.

43 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

1.5 million flip me. Majority of comment on social media I've seen from Villa fans can't believe someone is willing to take him off their hands. 

Charlton fans said the same when we bought Wiggins and Fox

Gotta say, we seem to waste a lot of money on players who don't get into the first team.

Carlos is very reluctant to replace his favourites. Never seen a manager so set on particular players.

Hope Hutton isn't just gonna be another one of them

I think Bannan might be in charge of recruitment, he probably has a say in team selection as well come to think of it.

Don't we have any scouts on the continent?......can understand Carlos not falling over himself to sign any more Portugeezers, but there's another 200 countries to go at.

It will be one of the most baffling signings for many a year. An aging right back who is worse than one of the 2 we have and will be on a hefty wage. I don't rate hunt but he's improved last 2-3 months of season and I'd pick him over Hutton any day of the week. Surely we would be better off saving this money and wage and putting it towards a class centre back! 

5 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

He aint the player we need and hoping it really is a sun page filler for sunday.

Exactly, this is what I'm thinking, the only person whose ever mentioned this is Nixon, no other media, local or national, so I'm still hoping its just Nixon doing his usual and pushing his made up stuff

2 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

He aint the player we need and hoping it really is a sun page filler for sunday.

Mind boggling if true. 

We are clearly having to be a bit more prudent with a summer business, following some pretty hefty spending in the last few years. 

To sign Hutton is just utter stupidity imo. 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

An ever-present for Villa, and years of Prem and international experience. Villa fans praised him highly last season.

And he is likely to be our second-choice.

That's progress.

How is that progress?