Guest wilyfox

Waited long enough. Clearly has skill, but he's had a mare. I'd loan him out for a season to a Portuguese club to try and recover some form and value, then reassess going into final year of his contract. 

We're desperately short of creativity, I'd be tempted to give him another chance.

As for 'the Fulham tackle', he looked like he was trying too hard to impress, the sending off was harsh imo, so not even going to dwell on it.

He has a bit of the Mahrez's in him(he can't tackle either), would love to see him come good, preferably with us.

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Only good thing I remember him doing is that goal against Leeds. Struggle to remember anything else. Been unlucky with injuries but if he was to leave wouldn't be bothered. Was very excited when we signed him but so far when played hasn't delivered enough. 

That's probably because between now as I type this and the time I wake up in the morning, more minutes will have passed than what he's played competitively for Wednesday in 2 seasons

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Let's wait and see.  Will probably play in the cup against Chesterfield which will be a big game for him to show what he can do!!!

4 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

We're desperately short of creativity, I'd be tempted to give him another chance.

As for 'the Fulham tackle', he looked like he was trying too hard to impress, the sending off was harsh imo, so not even going to dwell on it.

He has a bit of the Mahrez's in him(he can't tackle either), would love to see him come good, preferably with us.

This!

6 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

Agree with this . 

I cant see where he'd  fit in though even if he was fit. He's in his 20s fairly mobile and wants to go forward.  Not a Carlos type player at all 

Edited by james o connor

9 hours ago, CharlieOwl said:

They can play opposite wings though so could still feature together. I think where we play Fessi will have more impact on whether Matias gets play time or not rather than the signing of Boyd.

I would like to think ff will be playing out wide uses as a winger rather than up front, he's not a striker at all.

Quality or not???, if he's incapable of putting in enough games or minutes on the pitch, for me he needs shipping out. It's so imbalanced with parachute payments trying to compete without perennial crocks taking up wages. I always remember the Leeds fans saying they rated Woodgate as a better cb than ferdinand, but I'd have taken rio ahead of him every day as he was almost always fit. Better to have good players that are fit than a special talent that never kicks a ball. 

17 hours ago, MOwl said:

If we can recoup 500/600k for the guy then we've made the best out of a terrible signing. Yet another player with no heart, no fight, scared to get stuck in.. Lets just get shut.

You must know him extremely well or is it just criticism for the sake of it.

14 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

A reasonable sensible post.Dont see many on here.!!

15 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Get him out of the building

And if he succeeds at his next club you will no doubt say CC was an idiot for letting him go,never gave him a chance,played him out of position etc.etc

20 hours ago, CharlieOwl said:

What are people's overall thoughts on the lad?

Apart from the general consensus that his body has the durability of a wet paper towel what do people actually think of his quality? Would you like to see him moved on this window or give him another season to see if we can keep him fit and get some games under his belt?

Personally I'm of the opinion that if we could get him playing to the best of his ablility he could be a breath of fresh air for us with his pace and skill. There's defiantly ability in the lad (that goal against weeds springs to mind as whenever I watch it still makes the wedding vegetables tingle). 

I think we should be give him one last go. Thoughts? 

Has made no impact so far when fit, I dont see that changing. Not up to the physical side of English football in my opinion, much the same as Joao .

Squad filler at best next season.