He won't get a look in at all next season with Reach, FF, Boyd and Wallace all in front of him

I think CC soon realised that players like Joao, Sougou, Matias and Melo really aren't cut out for this division, hench him signing mainly British based players these days

I'm of the opinion he has been dogged of injuries and if we can get some money back we should probably look at doing so. He looks like a player that has potential but I don't think he's as quick as sone make out. And the games I saw ( granted still bedding in ) he looked like he frustrated in the final third. I was live at Leeds and love watching that back but I feel that was a wonder goal that is probably going to be his career best and he won't come close to that again. I think we should appreciate that strike and look to recoup some dollar

2 hours ago, Holmes said:

He's no longer injured, no reason why he can't make a valuable contribution in his remaining time with us.

He can certainly play and knows where the net is.

Would think he's more disappointed than any fan regarding his injuries.

This^

He's been outrageously unlucky but his pedigree says he is a good player.  We have only seen fleeting glimpses.   A dozen games in the matchday squad will confirm his progress and value.

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

Never in the history of Association Football has one man developed such a reputation and blind adulation as a result of one shinned volley. 

Colin West at Old Trafford?..... At least on a temporary basis until THAT penalty at Hillsborough kop end anyway! 

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

Never in the history of Association Football has one man developed such a reputation and blind adulation as a result of one shinned volley. 

Hopefully he can shin a few more like it to be fair

He should be great at this level based on his last couple of seasons in the Portuguese top flight, but sadly it just doesn't look like we'll ever see that. I think it's unfair to say he's not good enough, he showed an attacking sharpness that to be honest I'm not sure our other out and out wingers possess... But it'd be very foolish based on the last couple of seasons to conclude he can perform week in week out in this country for us. If I were a betting man, I'd say he'll never perform at a regular high standard in English football. Hope I'm wrong, but the last two seasons really do just suggest we should cut our losses and let him continue having a good career elsewhere and we reinvest his wages elsewhere in the squad

16 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

This^

He's been outrageously unlucky but his pedigree says he is a good player.  We have only seen fleeting glimpses.   A dozen games in the matchday squad will confirm his progress and value.

he had a good season at a very small club in madeira that apart he's done  little to suggest a pedigree of any note ........

33 minutes ago, vulva said:

its the equivalent of a pop star having a massive no1 and never to be seen again. the bookies should do a book on what day matias breaks down again ,he needs to go surely some Portuguese team will have him

Where is he going to play? Wikipedia thinks he is a forward, though on the Wednesday page he is a midfielder. I can't see him getting above our half dozen other players in a front two, or as a lone striker. Can he manage as one of front 3?  In midfield, would he have to be a winger (and would that need a better full back), or could he play just behind a front 2?

Clearly a good player, and we might see some of him this year with Carlos having lost patience with the physios and replaced them. Remains to be seen how he gets in the side, but he could be like signing a new winger tbh.

He seems to me like he always wants to do well. I think to slate him for being injured a lot is daft , almost as daft as people slagging him off for the fulham game.

It may be that it wont work out for him here, but for me hes worth one more look at , especially with how static our midfield/wide players are 

He played. Either because he is in Carlos plans and he intends to use him, or because he wanted him to get some shop window experience.

I think he has something we don't really have elsewhere, and Carlos did say that as long as the formation is basically 4-4-2, there are lots of ways he can set it, so there is probably room, especially as Carlos has also said the team will try and be more attack foccussed (though I think that will depend on improving the defence)

Guest We Shall Overcome

He will be back on the treatment table before you can say September, especially now that the first language in the medical department is "Portuguese", should have been gone along with the first team management!!!    

3 hours ago, CharlieOwl said:

He played against Alfreton did he not? Where did Carlos use him then? Was it out on the left or was he just behind the strikers? Was hard to tell when watching the highlights back 

It was hard to tell at the actual match !!  He was roaming all over the place. 2 years ago he looked good against Alfreton and he did again.  Showed some nice touches and was always looking to get involved, including tracking back. As against Fulham he was perhaps trying too hard to make up for lost time but if he can fit in somehwere he deserves a chance to show us what he can do