Just now, CharlieOwl said:

To be honest I doubt he is happy just to pick up a pay packet, He's probably more frustrated than any of us are about the constant injuries and lack of play time. At the end of the day footballers want to play football and I doubt he's happy sat on the sidelines.

So happy he decided to get himself sent off against Fulham to sit out even more matches

4 minutes ago, MOwl said:

So happy he decided to get himself sent off against Fulham to sit out even more matches

So anyone that has even been sent off then means they are happy to sit on the sidelines? more likely to be a hot headed decision to is later regretted by the offender.

5 minutes ago, Animal said:

With Boyd signing Matias won't play another game 

They can play opposite wings though so could still feature together. I think where we play Fessi will have more impact on whether Matias gets play time or not rather than the signing of Boyd.

15 minutes ago, CharlieOwl said:

To be honest I doubt he is happy just to pick up a pay packet, He's probably more frustrated than any of us are about the constant injuries and lack of play time. At the end of the day footballers want to play football and I doubt he's happy sat on the sidelines.

I second that:

He netted 17 in 32 games for Nacional, 2nd in the league in scoring (for anyone keeping score, Jackson Martinez lead with 21, and moved to Athletico for £30 mil before heading for Chinese Super League).

I very much doubt he's pleased with being fit for two games either.  Whether or not he can turn it around here is another matter, but I think he's needs to be out the door to a definite 4-3-3 team somewhere in Portugal / Spain, instead of being square-pegged-into-round-hole'd into a formation here.

Edited by Indoor Owl

I think on footballing abilities he is easy good enough to play in the championship, probably higher.

but IMO the physicality of the champ' is too much for him, and i dont think he can get over that to have a career with us. Had we gone up he may have been a player but he doesnt look like he fancies this league to me.

Hope im wrong though, would love him to come good.

1 minute ago, Indoor Owl said:

I second that:

He netted 17 in 32 games for Nacional, 2nd in the league in scoring (for anyone keeping score, Jackson Martinez lead with 21, and moved to Athletico for £30 mil before heading for Chinese Super League).

I very much doubt he's pleased with being fit for two games either.  Whether or not he can turn it around here is another matter, but I think he's needs to be out the door to a definite 4-3-3 team somewhere in Portugal / Spain, instead of being square-pegged-into-round-hole'd into a formation here.

Yeah. We've let him down big time.

What are you thinking?

He's a talented player who unfortunately has suffered injury problems since being here along with the likes of Melo, Hooper, Abdi.

With a new medical team coming in I wouldn't right him off just yet. Let's see if they can keep on top of things - in no way a dig at the old medical team. This new team may have a different recovery strategy.

If we can keep him fit we have a good player so I hope we give him until at least January.

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Yeah. We've let him down big time.

What are you thinking?

I don't know about let him down - it's a product of circumstance:  Surgery to repair a hernia, then a torn groin when he was trying to rehab back up.

I certainly don't fault the ambition of bringing the second leading scorer in the Primeira Liga in, just that it hasn't worked out as planned and now we have a bit of an over-abundance of attacking options up front.

Just now, Indoor Owl said:

I don't know about let him down - it's a product of circumstance:  Surgery to repair a hernia, then a torn groin when he was trying to rehab back up.

I certainly don't fault the ambition of bringing the second leading scorer in the Primeira Liga in, just that it hasn't worked out as planned and now we have a bit of an over-abundance of attacking options up front.

You implied that he's been a failure here because we played him out of position.

The first game of the 15/16 season. He had an excellent game in my opinion. But as others have said we haven't really seen enough of him. There's definitely some ability in there. I wouldn't be too fussed either way. Would be happy for him to stay. But I can't really see him breaking into the squad at the minute. Six months loan back in Portugal to get some confidence maybe?

45 minutes ago, MOwl said:

If we can recoup 500/600k for the guy then we've made the best out of a terrible signing. Yet another player with no heart, no fight, scared to get stuck in.. Lets just get shut.

You say that... but in his first season in English footie he averaged more tackles and interceptions per game than Ross Wallace.

That said... what's the chuffing point in having him around if he doesn't play? I have no doubt that when fit he'd be a great member of the matchday 18, but there's no point saying that if the bloke is just never able to play football? He should go off back to the continent ASAP and have a good career there, because there's no way he's going to manage it at Sheffield Wednesday for whatever reason