Will Hughes £3m

8 hours ago, unkastav said:

Who knows, derby do some crazy stuff

They are wanting 5 million for a 30 year old defender that non of their fans rate you would think they would be after 4 times that fee for hughes hes like their golden boy 

9 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We could employ him to proofread Owlstalk posts before they're uploaded to the site, just in case anyone's about to mix up Will and Lee Hughes.

:duntmatter:

Looks like you have the right name tag there.

Derby County: perennial promotion chasing bottlers.

Central to the Derby team over that period: Keogh, Ince, Hughes. 

Unfair to pick on individuals, but something is wrong with the mentality at Derby, and Rowett is sorting it out, yet some want all three at Wednesday.

3 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Why the eff would we be chasing another lightweight dwarf midfielder, good or not? 

Seriously if our first signing is small, white, mid paced and blonde I'll hang myself 

Ok Bannan fits those but other than that Lees is blonde, anyone else? Am I being thick?

You make it sound like we're over run with blonde players and we've got 2.

12 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Ok Bannan fits those but other than that Lees is blonde, anyone else? Am I being thick?

You make it sound like we're over run with blonde players and we've got 2.

am making the general point that our general transfer strategy has led us to favour white, mid paced, small midfielders (the blonde bit was a red herring) who can play but lack physicality which means we can be bullied from time to time in big important games.  

We also seem to be hell bent on accumulating similar types of players (strikers requiring service vs super mobile pace machines who can create for themselves, or slow, ponderous wide players who like to cut inside (FF aside he's a bit more mobile but never gets played out wide anymore)).

So it amazes me when people get excited about us signing a blonde version of Kieran Lee when we're crying out for an Antonio type.

He won't be leaving the club for £3m lads. This is just like Hendrick last year.

Burnley came in with an opening bid of £3m and we ending up selling him for £10m. 

Hughes isn't integral to this team anymore, he could be if he tries enough but if a premier league club were to come in and bid £8m+ then we would be forced to sell. 

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

He won't be leaving the club for £3m lads. This is just like Hendrick last year.

Burnley came in with an opening bid of £3m and we ending up selling him for £10m. 

Hughes isn't integral to this team anymore, he could be if he tries enough but if a premier league club were to come in and bid £8m+ then we would be forced to sell. 

Thanks for clearing that up.

I nearly fell off my chair when I read the £3m fee in the opening post! lol