Will Hughes £3m

56 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

Never worth 8m

worlds gone mad!!!!!

The world has indeed gone mad - I've been away for a week and just seen that Harry Maguire has gone to Leicester for £17 million.  Unbelievable!  He's slower to turn than an oil tanker!

43 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Except Hughes is a lot younger and plays consistently for England Under 21s.

It's a good point but is the valuation based on ability or potential?  I accept he has ability but he doesn't impose himself on a game like KL or Hutch. If the uplift is based on what Watford think he might become then the world has gone mad. He's no Gasgoine!  

8 hours ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

It's a good point but is the valuation based on ability or potential?  I accept he has ability but he doesn't impose himself on a game like KL or Hutch. If the uplift is based on what Watford think he might become then the world has gone mad. He's no Gasgoine!  

When you consider that Maguire has just gone for 17m, 8m for Hughes is probably about right in today's market. Young, English attacking midfielder who has already played a lot of football for his age. 

Different sort of player to Lee and Hutch but potentially I think he can be better than both these two players, he's already on there level IMO.

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

When you consider that Maguire has just gone for 17m, 8m for Hughes is probably about right in today's market. Young, English attacking midfielder who has already played a lot of football for his age. 

Different sort of player to Lee and Hutch but potentially I think he can be better than both these two players, he's already on there level IMO.

Maguire just proved himself capable at the PL.  Hughes has yet to show full form as it was before injury. I'm shocked he went for 8m.  Too much.