Carlos on new deal

30 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I agree that we need better in all those positions but for me LB is a major priority.

Apart from a couple of matches apiece neither Pudil or Fox have shown they've got what it takes to be part of an automatic promotion team. 

I know Reach can cover there but I think he's better suited to a more advanced role.

On fox I've seen potential, but he was nervous in big away games. 

Pudil wasn't himself early doors, but toward the end of the season I think his experience showed and he was solid. He was ultimately at fault for Huddersfields goal, but I think that it is always tough to adapt to a sub and you don't usually get tested after 30 seconds or so before getting your bearings. 

I suppose it depends who we get in, but I hope we don't fall into the trap of collecting players again.

20 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I suppose it depends who we get in, but I hope we don't fall into the trap of collecting players again.

That's my main concern too. An overload of players for some positions but ignoring weak areas was a big issue this season

2 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Can we please sign some players of African descent? They tend to be quick. 

Some anthropologist I once heard talking said we are all of African descent but the furthest away my lot have ever got is Northampton and that wasn't for long.:laugh:

4 hours ago, Donny.Owl said:

True (but probably boring) story: my 1st match at Hillsborough was in 1993.

I had a Social Worker as a kid (called Carlos funnily enough!) he lived in Sheffield, he took me to watch us play Arsenal.

Anyway, he'd borrowed 2 Season Tickets from a friend to get us in, but he knew nowt about football, had never been to a game. He did't realise that you couldn't just sit anywhere. He took me straight to the Grandstand comfy seats, I remember being sat near Harry Gration lol

Then the people whose seats we were in came along...

I was cringing.

He still didn't know what to do, he went and asked a Steward who just pointed at the nearest empty seats.

We won 1 - 0 though, Mark Bright header on about 20 mins.

Told you it was boring! :duntmatter:

ZZZzzz...

5 hours ago, Holmes said:

Four or five quality players if brought in as 'first teamers' to me sounds a pretty big overhaul.

Need one or two bruiser's and some speed and that lad at Brentford.

Not really. You'd expect 2 of those to be wingers so that's already nearly half the list gone. 

16 minutes ago, Davetherave said:

CC ... we still believe.

I hope GL stays .. great club captain.

We must keep Loovens. Our defence is rick solid when he plays. 

That said, we do need another CB and if they are better then so be it. 

10 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

4-5 players so defence and mid are our main issues

Alex bruce being released by hull, any good?

No.

Hull are shít.

11 hours ago, Gemini said:

You can tell just by listening to him that he really IS Sheffield Wednesday heart and soul like all of us.

That means everything to me.

He's had 14 jobs in 19 years, You need to calm down with this nonsense. Seriously.