Carlos on new deal

Nice to hear, identified we need squad in place earlier and a stronger start to the season, something we always discuss every year.

Other rumours suggest we are looking to add pace, something we also recognise. 

Gops stuff 

1 minute ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Fantastic to hear great news this is our season Rome wasn't built over night he is doing a fantastic  job in my opinion onwards and upwards Carlos my son you little sex pot WAWAW

I wish Dave Jones would feck off

7 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Fantastic to hear great news this is our season Rome wasn't built over night he is doing a fantastic  job in my opinion onwards and upwards Carlos my son you little sex pot WAWAW

Wasnt built in a day either :manager:

We need to get these 4/5 players in early and get the dead wood out early so the new players can acclimatise early and hit the ground running come August. Get a good early start, and give the team confidence to kick on and stay up there all season like Brighton did

13 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Apart from the "you little sex pot" I agree

:manager:

57 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

Staying as he has a good relationship with the players, Owner and fans.

Captain knocked on his door and said they want him to stay.

Wants to progress again, which would see us fighting for the top 2 but says, that wont be decided til next May so (reading between the lines) wants us to stay supportive during the season's ups and downs.

Says that his first year we achieved a play off place as underdogs, last season was more difficult due to big expectations which are harder to manage, yet we still finished higher.

Wants just 4 or 5 signings rather than a overhaul and wants them in earlier so we can get off to a better start than we have in the previous 2 years.

I wonder if Abdi, Winnall, McGugan etc were involved in that discussion? lol

So he's on the right track with the high level plan...

Now *shudder* down to recruitment...

Will we again buy players just because they are decent, or will we in fact buy decent players in the positions we need?

Bring on July!!

1 hour ago, Wednesday-Wonderland said:

What's the gist for those of us who can't watch? 

He started with a  couple of mother in law jokes then did a fantastic magic trick sawing Nuhui in half. Talked a little about his time as a Ninja for hire in the south Sudan then finished with a Shirley Bassey number with a choir of vietnamese midgets backing.

48 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Was surprised at 4/5 players though, suspect CB, RB, CDM, winger or two 

I agree that we need better in all those positions but for me LB is a major priority.

Apart from a couple of matches apiece neither Pudil or Fox have shown they've got what it takes to be part of an automatic promotion team. 

I know Reach can cover there but I think he's better suited to a more advanced role.

4 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I agree that we need better in all those positions but for me LB is a major priority.

Apart from a couple of matches apiece neither Pudil or Fox have shown they've got what it takes to be part of an automatic promotion team. 

I know Reach can cover there but I think he's better suited to a more advanced role.

Agreed. Pudil at his best is good enough, but his age is starting to show, and i think we'll get more 6/10 displays out of him than 8s and 9s.

Can't fault him in any way, but time catches up with all of us, and Carlos needs his full backs to have bottomless engines. Reach's ability to play there probably still makes it a lower priority than strengthening at RB.

5 minutes ago, mogbad said:

45 goals against for the season implies otherwise...

No team is perfect, and a settled back 4 is worth goals in itself over the course of a season.

Two full backs, two wide players and a centre back. Job done. I know the defence has been strong but we need more threat going forward in these areas, and much as I love Loovens time is ticking so we need to look at a long term replacement. Having said that I haven't a clue who we should go for?