Wish List: Pick 5 managers who you would like to see at S6 - Realistically.

Still undecided on Carlos but the below doesn’t convince me that replacing him is the way forward.

1. David Wagner – unlikely with teams like Dortmund sniffing around him, but he’d be my number 1 choice.
  2. Nigel Pearson – more realistic and obviously a SWFC legend.
  3. Uwe Rosler – really impressed with what he’s done with Fleetwood.
  4. Aitor Karanka – got Middlesbrough up but is he really any different to Carlos?
  5. Roy Keane – couldn’t think of anyone else.

Probably only Wagner and Pearson on that list that I’d be happy with.

It's an interesting point about what people consider to be realistic. Personally I don't think Wagner or Jokanovic would be realistic as they are more likely to stay with their current clubs than jump ship to another championship club that's not the size of Newcastle. 

But then would someone like Gallardo at river plate be realistic who may be interested in a root into European football - ok probably not!

Anyway if Carlos does leave I would expect to see the following make up the bookies top 5

Pardew, Moyes, Hodgson, Pearson, McLaren 

None of whom really fill me with much excitement but I guess it's better than we're used to

4 hours ago, Ballmeist said:

I thought these were meant to be realistic suggestions. Some people are suggesting Sean Dyche? There's absolutely no chance he'd leave Burnley for us. 

Edit to say that I think he'd be an incredible manager for us, just don't think he's anywhere near realistic

Its a very realistic option - with the correct enticements

He's quite frustrated at Burnley despite doing a brilliant job there - the right move would definitely tempt him i reckon

10 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

1,Behave yourself

2,Never got a team up from champ to prem.

3,As negative as carlos is reckoned to be

4,for the love of god,he's been a manager for a season,and you think he's an upgrade on Carvalhal.

5,Wagner can and will do better than swfc.

1 just a name thrown in

2 neither has carlos 

3 git a team from championship to premier 

4 carlos done nothing before us everyone deserve a chance

5 there's nothing better than swfc

11 hours ago, Juddiknight said:

1 just a name thrown in

2 neither has carlos 

3 git a team from championship to premier 

4 carlos done nothing before us everyone deserve a chance

5 there's nothing better than swfc

1 Ridiculous name tho

2 why suggest him then,like for like or worse aint a positive move

3 granted

4 I'd rather have carlos

5 but there is

47 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

1 Ridiculous name tho

2 why suggest him then,like for like or worse aint a positive move

3 granted

4 I'd rather have carlos

5 but there is

No need to worry now carlos staying let's just hope recruitment is good enough to push for a real challenge at automatic. Wawaw

On 5/23/2017 at 12:53, scram said:

Its a very realistic option - with the correct enticements

He's quite frustrated at Burnley despite doing a brilliant job there - the right move would definitely tempt him i reckon

You must be joking! Dyche is very happy at Burnley - proud of staying in the same job for 5 years and a hero in the town.

13 hours ago, ReluctantNicko said:

You must be joking! Dyche is very happy at Burnley - proud of staying in the same job for 5 years and a hero in the town.

I'm not joking

He may well be - and should be, proud of the great job he's done at Burnley - he may well be a hero in the town

But i know he has his frustrations there and the RIGHT move (he's very astute) would appeal to him

28 minutes ago, scram said:

I'm not joking

He may well be - and should be, proud of the great job he's done at Burnley - he may well be a hero in the town

But i know he has his frustrations there and the RIGHT move (he's very astute) would appeal to him

My brother went for an interview as one of their pathway coaches.

They are absolutely miles away from premier league standard. I think it says a lot that he's keeping them going with the lack of foundations around him.