Wish List: Pick 5 managers who you would like to see at S6 - Realistically.

Jakonovic

Rowett

Pearson

In that order and I doubt the top 2 are available so not really realistic. Between Pearson and Carlos I'd probably give Carlos another year if it was my decision but have a strong word with him about that attacking football we used to play.

2 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

The crucial word being realistically. In no particular order:

1) Nigel Pearson

2) Jokanovic

3) David Moyes

4) Roberto Mancini

5) Claudio Ranieri

The following link may be of some help

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

Get mummy to knit you a red and white scarf and eff. off to Anfield .. just down the road.

2 minutes ago, Davetherave said:

Well a scum ball of the thread does not always attract the obvious flo ...

I'm ashamed I took the bait.

Hes not been in another thread for six hours. Its not just this one. 

2 hours ago, Thorpski said:

The manager l would have liked to come to Hillsborough is Gary Rowett, l think he is the best young manager in the Championship, unfortunately when he was available it would not have been the right time to recruit him, as l think we had to let Carlos finish this season, given his performance last season and the fact we were always there and thereabouts this season.

As it stands l am not sure that Carlos really wants to stay in Sheffield, l think his heart is set on a return home to his family, also his performance has indicated he has taken us as far as he can go... his team selection, recruitment and decision making during the game has to be questioned..... l think now is the time to wish him well and part on amicable terms. He has been without doubt a real positive at Sheffield Wednesday in the last 2 seasons.

The manager l think we should have a serious look at is Gary Monk. No Leeds manager can feel fully secure in their job and I think given the squad we have at our disposal and the funds that Mr Chansiri offers to his manager that we have a real opportunity of attracting a manager with the gravitas and experience that Gary Monk possesses. I do not think we should undersell ourselves.... Sheffield Wednesday with the funds and players we have available is a really attractive prospect for a lot of top level managers and what we need to do, is make sure we get the right man for the job...

Imagine how upset that would make the inbred, unwashed, neanderthal, knuckle draggers if he did a Howard Wilkinson in reverse for us and won us the championship title. lollol

I think we should go left field.

In 1987 Milan gave their manager position to a former shoe salesman - Arrigo Sacchi

Four years later they had won the League, two European Cups, two Supercups , two Intercontinental cups and he had been named world manager of the year.

All with a team playing a high pressing game (remarkable given you'd think pressing had only been invented a couple of years ago if you listen to the experts).

Now admittedly he might be a bit past his sell by date by now. 

But the process is still possible. 

We need our own former shoe salesman to lift us to Promotion Glory!

Image may contain: 1 person, text

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think we should go left field.

In 1987 Milan gave their manager position to a former shoe salesman - Arrigo Sacchi

Four years later they had won the League, two European Cups, two Supercups , two Intercontinental cups and he had been named world manager of the year.

All with a team playing a high pressing game (remarkable given you'd think pressing had only been invented a couple of years ago if you listen to the experts).

Now admittedly he might be a bit past his sell by date by now. 

But the process is still possible. 

We need our own former shoe salesman to lift us to Promotion Glory!

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Colin used to be a chiropodist, is that close enough? WTF:

1 hour ago, ReginaldD said:

I just look at Derby over the last five years with the expectations they've had and high manager turnover.

Changing at this stage after two seasons of progress just doesn't seem logical. 

Especially as if I try to think of a few alternative head coaches who could realistically do better I'm really struggling. Carlos needs to adapt again but as DC if his plans for next season impressed he'd be my first choice. 

Understand the sentiment but we had one season of progress. The only way to progress on season one was to get promoted. Might be a bit picky but we've gone backwards this season, literally

Just now, scram said:

Sean Dyche for me

As near as guaranteed promotion we can probably get

Great shout.

You naming him I mean. Not Dyches shout,  I have no idea what that sounds like.

Not too nice I shouldn't imagine. I mean, even his normal talking voice sounds like he's been gargling pebbles .