Wish List: Pick 5 managers who you would like to see at S6 - Realistically.

Jokanovic has something about him, but would he consider us? He likes quick players, who are technically very good and move the ball at speed. Even if he did fancy the job, it would necessitate too many changes It would be like starting all over again

Michael O'Neill.

Nothing but success so far in his managerial career. Gets ordinary honest players to play above themselves. Not afraid to drop leading players. Murders poor teams. Competes with better teams. Huge respect from his players.

There is an element of risk as he has never managed in England, let alone the Championship. But unless you go for Allardyce or Pulis, who doesn't carry risk?

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Great shout.

You naming him I mean. Not Dyches shout,  I have no idea what that sounds like.

Not too nice I shouldn't imagine. I mean, even his normal talking voice sounds like he's been gargling pebbles . 

I'd like Dyche to cover that Serge Gainsbourg song "je t'aime" duetting with Ozzie the Owl.

Lots of people on here quoting Jokanovic, Monk, Wagner & Stam...it's a joke and so amateur...

Carlos would have been on that list last season...let's see how they do now they are a known force...the short citedness of some on here is cringing. Kids in a candy store!

If I'm picking one out, as we only need one. Someone mentioned brendon Rodgers the other day. Good shout, he's good at building a team and has the promotion experience needed to handle the pressure. Plays a mix of good attacking and defence too. Many say he won't leave celtic???,  but a chance at a crack with a side not far off he can mould, like he did with Swansea and after promotion create stability. We have history, we have cash and a very good chance of becoming a good premier side. Celtic are a stagnant huge club in a little league, yes they have money, but realistically can they compete in the champions league??, so may not be too impossible to think. 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Michael O'Neill.

Nothing but success so far in his managerial career. Gets ordinary honest players to play above themselves. Not afraid to drop leading players. Murders poor teams. Competes with better teams. Huge respect from his players.

There is an element of risk as he has never managed in England, let alone the Championship. But unless you go for Allardyce or Pulis, who doesn't carry risk?

This "success" you speak of.......................REALLY !

2004 assistant manager at cowdenbeath.

2006 manager at scottish second division Brechin.

2008 manager of Shamrock rovers.

And lastly manager of Northern Ireland,

I thought these were meant to be realistic suggestions. Some people are suggesting Sean Dyche? There's absolutely no chance he'd leave Burnley for us. 

Edit to say that I think he'd be an incredible manager for us, just don't think he's anywhere near realistic

Edited by Ballmeist

58 minutes ago, Juddiknight said:

Hoddle 

Grayson 

Karanka 

Heckingbottom 

Wagner

1,Behave yourself

2,Never got a team up from champ to prem.

3,As negative as carlos is reckoned to be

4,for the love of god,he's been a manager for a season,and you think he's an upgrade on Carvalhal.

5,Wagner can and will do better than swfc.

2 hours ago, TotalSWFC said:

Lots of people on here quoting Jokanovic, Monk, Wagner & Stam...it's a joke and so amateur...

Carlos would have been on that list last season...let's see how they do now they are a known force...the short citedness of some on here is cringing. Kids in a candy store!

Totally agree. If Carlos does go we need to replace him with someone experienced at this level. No point taking a chance on Wagner or Stam after one season 

12 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think we should go left field.

In 1987 Milan gave their manager position to a former shoe salesman - Arrigo Sacchi

Four years later they had won the League, two European Cups, two Supercups , two Intercontinental cups and he had been named world manager of the year.

All with a team playing a high pressing game (remarkable given you'd think pressing had only been invented a couple of years ago if you listen to the experts).

Now admittedly he might be a bit past his sell by date by now. 

But the process is still possible. 

We need our own former shoe salesman to lift us to Promotion Glory!

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Ted Bundy!!!!!

16 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

The crucial word being realistically. In no particular order:

1) Nigel Pearson

2) Jokanovic

3) David Moyes

4) Roberto Mancini

5) Claudio Ranieri

The following link may be of some help

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

None of the above. Getting rid of the manager who has brought us the most success in decades makes even less sense than Brexit. What is the matter with people?