Moose from talksport

59 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Thought he talked a lot of sense the other week when he was on Monday Night Football. Also interesting that Mark Noble still referred to him as 'Boss' when he was being interviewed. I'd say that's a sign of respect from a former player.

Has done a very good job in spells. We could do worse I think.

If CC was to leave, my train of thought is as follows:

- Another left field appointment wouldn't necessarily know the league well enough to pick up the reigns and may need to learn the ropes. Generally (not always) this is needed.

- There will not be many managers available who have managed in the premier league for a number of years.

- Norwich, Boro and Sunderland will be fishing in the same pool for managers

- Pardew likes to attack, can be a bit of an impact manager. But sometimes fades after his first season, possibly a personality thing.

15 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

I just hope whatever happens we have some unity and sense as a fanbase and give 100% support to the gaffer and squad come the new season. 

Wednesday fans are always willing to give any one a chance except Warnock.  We don't have a say over appointments but if they don't do the business we can certainly influence their departure.

If this is true there are a number of positives to be taken aside from the fact that we will leave Carlos on good terms with some fond memories, which I mentioned in another post.

1) Pardew has positive experience of English football with promotions on his CV.

2) Pardew has worked at clubs with big expectation levels and won't undervalue the role he has to play.

3) If Carlos is leaving, it's better to do it now rather than late pre-season or even after a false start next season, Pardew has a clean shot at the coming season.

4) We will find out whether we really were doing well with the squad we have under Carlos, it remains to be seen if anyone can do better at this club with our new found money and ambition.

I'm not arguing that Pardew is the obvious choice but if he is chosen lets give the man a chance. We shouldn't pigeonhole managers saying they have lost it on the back of a few bad jobs. They all have them, even Fergie back in the day.

Hiring Alan Pardew would not be a disaster as we would find a lot out about the Club's real potential in comparison to how we have been performing and to be honest, I think it would raise our profile a little bit as much as some might not like it. He might have ex-players who played for him in the Premier prepared to help our cause (or line their pockets depending on how you look at it) and he's also been somewhat of a media darling at times during good times I might add.

Hrs a bit hit and miss, a streaky manager they say - loads of wins which have got him promotions and to cup finals etc, but offset by loads of defeats, which has generally always cost him his job.

Theory says that he could get us up, but then we'll collapse and he'll be off.

But job done, theoretically...

1 hour ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

Serious question. Why are people so against Alan Pardew?

I'd rather give Carlos another season but if he goes he would be a good choice of well known managers mentioned, just like most managers he's had some bad moments in game but also done very well at times. 

If we appointed another unknown  foreign manager like we did 2 years ago it would be a big risk.

Pardew will know all about our squad and probably know that it only wants a bit of tinkering with. 

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

The more here things keep happening, the more I hate to say it, is DC mates with the cocken eye cnut Mike Ashley, fist we get sondico, (direct sports), then Glen bloody Roeder ex Newcastle, now we may be getting pardew, another cocken eye. What's next joe kinnear Oo lol

No, Dennis Wise. :duntmatter:

Just now, owlmark said:

My first close season on OT. Some wild stuff being said. Think some people need a summer hobby!

Stick with it mate, for the humorous bits.

There'll be some right sheeite on here at times though.