1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Looked a bit porky last picture I saw of him and faded out of development squad game.

Can't think he's doing much to keep himself fit.

Personally I wouldn't have let him anywhere near youngsters in the development squad.

Do you think McGugan hasn't been training? 

My my son plays for the academy and Iv seen mcgugan training countless times, Iv seen him doing extra gym sessions after training with the u23s and occasion he has stopped and watched some of the younger lads play also. 

Just supposing McGugan played really well in the last few months of the season, would you give him another deal?  He's basically been paid for two seasons without playing. He has not gone on loan or played more than one or two Development matches. Complete and utter waste of talent.

1 hour ago, David1867 said:

My my son plays for the academy and Iv seen mcgugan training countless times, Iv seen him doing extra gym sessions after training with the u23s and occasion he has stopped and watched some of the younger lads play also. 

Why get him fit for a move elsewhere if he isn't willing to go on loan

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Why get him fit for a move elsewhere if he isn't willing to go on loan

That's not for me to answer but it would be even worse if he was on full pay to sit at home and not train at all. 

Didnt the club turn down a loan move for him also? Preston from what I remember, which I'm sure Alan Nixon reported. 

6 hours ago, Animal said:

Maybe if we get a new manager in he might find some use for them. 

Despite his undoubted ability that would have been off use to us during the season McGugans previous managers couldn't find a use for him. That tells you more about McGugan than it does about Carlos or his previous managers.

2 hours ago, David1867 said:

Not the same as training and playing games week in week out though is it.?

Needs to move on and play regularly but I suppose clubs will be wary of him now.

3 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Not the same as training and playing games week in week out though is it.?

Needs to move on and play regularly but I suppose clubs will be wary of him now.

He has been training week in week out that's the thing. Depending on the manager situation, I think he may still have something to offer, regardless of whatever has happened he's still a decent player. 

I agree that he should be playing regular football somewhere, he probably earns about £15k a week, if he leaves he would probably get half that. In a way I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to stay and see out his contract. It's just a real poor situation from the club/player/manager. 

1 hour ago, David1867 said:

That's not for me to answer but it would be even worse if he was on full pay to sit at home and not train at all. 

Didnt the club turn down a loan move for him also? Preston from what I remember, which I'm sure Alan Nixon reported. 

Out of interest who is your son? Hope he makes it. I played for chesterfield years ago n got released. Heart breaking if not got any back up options. 

41 minutes ago, kilnhurstowl said:

Out of interest who is your son? Hope he makes it. I played for chesterfield years ago n got released. Heart breaking if not got any back up options. 

I'd rather not say on here mate. I try to speak my mind on here and have spoken out about the academy in the past. I know the feeling of getting released mate, I had the same from Wednesday and then United, a few years back now though! 

Guest Deleted member

Our clubs treatment of McGugan has been nothing short of disgraceful

Two successful loan spells led to a clamour amongst fans for his permanent signing. We signed him, he made 5 league starts before he was left to rot in the reserves. Despite scoring plenty of league and cup goals.

Clearly a personality issue between him and Carlos (and we've seen  other signings frozen out too)

Fans jump on his back as rumours circulate, you then have a decent player treated terribly. 

Disgraceful 

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Two successful loan spells led to a clamour amongst fans for his permanent signing. We signed him, he made 5 league starts before he was left to rot in the reserves. Despite scoring plenty of league and cup goals.

Clearly a personality issue between him and Carlos (and we've seen  other signings frozen out too)

Fans jump on his back as rumours circulate, you then have a decent player treated terribly. 

Disgraceful 

Hang on Nigel, SWFC is his employer. Is it not true that he was asked to fulfill a role (the number 10 job) in the side (his Chance) and he refused to play that role ? If so the manager has little alternative but to move on to his next willing participant.

McGugan is done here, I think even if there is a change at the top he'll go. Melo hasn't played enough for us for anyone to properly judge him. He's looked decent when I've seen him but that is literally 2 games. Not against the idea of giving him a chance though.

28 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Hang on Nigel, SWFC is his employer. Is it not true that he was asked to fulfill a role (the number 10 job) in the side (his Chance) and he refused to play that role ? If so the manager has little alternative but to move on to his next willing participant.

Who ended up playing as a number 10? 

29 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Disgraceful 

Disagree.

His temperament has been called into question at his previous clubs, so I'm not sure how you've decided the club is a disgrace in this particular situation. If the rumours of him refusing to play in a certain position are true then he's brought this on himself.

8 hours ago, wilyfox said:

There was speculation that Melo's current loan club want to sign him. Joao and Matias should be loaned back to Portugal so they can regain some value, in my opinion. Loan for a year, then sell. 

no idea what wage melo is on but i'd be amazed if pacos de ferreira could get anywhere near it ....they average less than 3 k and unless chansiri is prepared to sub his wages or melo is happy to drop a few grand I don't see it happening ........pretty much the same with the other two , unless benfica,sporting or porto want them I don't see how any other club could match or get anywhere close to what they are on here ......unless we pay them  off or they are soft in the head( unlikely) I think we are stuck with them till there contracts run out