1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Guess away..It's an open forum..

I know he's a bit gobby and has had quite a few arguments with Carlos..i guess he's just not a CC type player he doesn't work hard enough during games or in training

Guest RocketOwl
On 20/05/2017 at 16:32, handworth52 said:

yes and I don't get this mcgugan bashing ,just because carlos fell out with him and treats him like a total outcast ,carlos himself 16 months ago said mcgugan is the most talented player on ball in the  club . you cant sign a player give him 3-4 year deal on good money then just cause carlos don't want him expect him to leave on half money he aint crazy. would you do that? cause not ,I'm sure he wants to play, lets get a new manager in give mcgugan summer to get fit see what happens if it don't work pay him off.

People in other threads saying we need to sign a playmaker and giving Moy as an example lol

we have One in reserves

5 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

I agree with Grandad

McGugan has been treated disgustingly by whoever at the club whether that be the Manager (most likley) or Chairman or someone else whatever

All we have to go on are rumours yet a lot of posters absolutely bash the flip out of him

Problems at his old clubs? Never heard of them, oh and he played a full season when Watford were promoted and up to November in the prem with them before being sold (probably because they had better players)

And if the rumours are to be believed, as a poster earlier mentioned, he's apparently said that he's unable to fulfill a number 10 role. NOT REFUSE, but said he's not a number 10.

Next minute he's out in the cold and never to be seen again yet we have a player that Carlos has come out and publicly said REFUSED to play for the club ... yet still manages to play .. even when not even fully fit!

Its staggering whats happened but for all parties involved, someone needs to come out with real reasons why he's not playing or just pay him up and let him leave.

Travesty, what a waste of talent / wages etc ...

Why has he ? 

Is it not the managers choice which players he chooses to play in the team ? 

18 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Never heard of problems at his previous clubs? Go digging on the Forest and Watford forums

Him playing a full season for Watford the year they went up is nonsense, he played 6 games before being loaned to us and has never played in the Premier League.

The year before he played 37 games for Watford, their final league position? 13th

I stand corrected in relation to the seasons, I thought he had played in promotion season and the prem season but their promotion season was when we loaned him.

The fact that people think McGugan is good enough or could ever be above our current midfielders in the pecking order is staggering. 

Like Watford would ever have even considered McGugan over Abdi ? :duntmatter:

And the comparisons of McGugan to Mooy, please. :rolleyes:

For me it makes sense if you want rid of a player, you need to play them try and get the best out of them and hope another club thinks hmmm he could do a great job for us. Just leaving a talented player worth a couple of bob to rot taking up wages for another signing. That said we're all on about Abdi, but from what I've seen they are both very similar, so if Carlos can't find a place for McGugan, he's struggling to find somewhere to play abdi, hence abandoning him out on the left. 

15 hours ago, Owl.1867 said:

There are genuinely people who think that McGugan could be a "mainstay" if we just had a different manager.

lol

I know the other night was heartbreaking, but please, let's not get silly.

He may not have been a mainstay - but potentially a  useful squad member. He's had more good games in a Wednesday shirt than David Jones for example.