16 hours ago, David1867 said:

I'd rather not say on here mate. I try to speak my mind on here and have spoken out about the academy in the past. I know the feeling of getting released mate, I had the same from Wednesday and then United, a few years back now though! 

Ah that's fine mate.  Understand. Hope he makes it anyway. 

Guest gizowl
16 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

McGugan is done here, I think even if there is a change at the top he'll go. Melo hasn't played enough for us for anyone to properly judge him. He's looked decent when I've seen him but that is literally 2 games. Not against the idea of giving him a chance though.

H How can you say mcgugan is done here when jones and semado make appearances?Too many player's have been isolated at the club recently,this is wrong and disrespectful to the club's fund's,if you don't want a player, you still keep him involved wherever possible,keep him fit and hopefully another club will come calling.

On 5/19/2017 at 14:44, ramone said:

Stuart Gray signed Melo mate

To be fair he was signed while gray was still in charge. I have no doubt whatsoever that he was a Carlos signing with DC in preparation for him taking over

21 hours ago, David1867 said:

Do you think McGugan hasn't been training? 

My my son plays for the academy and Iv seen mcgugan training countless times, Iv seen him doing extra gym sessions after training with the u23s and occasion he has stopped and watched some of the younger lads play also. 

yes and I don't get this mcgugan bashing ,just because carlos fell out with him and treats him like a total outcast ,carlos himself 16 months ago said mcgugan is the most talented player on ball in the  club . you cant sign a player give him 3-4 year deal on good money then just cause carlos don't want him expect him to leave on half money he aint crazy. would you do that? cause not ,I'm sure he wants to play, lets get a new manager in give mcgugan summer to get fit see what happens if it don't work pay him off.

35 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

yes and I don't get this mcgugan bashing ,just because carlos fell out with him and treats him like a total outcast ,carlos himself 16 months ago said mcgugan is the most talented player on ball in the  club . you cant sign a player give him 3-4 year deal on good money then just cause carlos don't want him expect him to leave on half money he aint crazy. would you do that? cause not ,I'm sure he wants to play, lets get a new manager in give mcgugan summer to get fit see what happens if it don't work pay him off.

Your either Lewis dad or a complete sh@t stirrer lets leave it up to the forum to decide.

2 hours ago, poite said:

To be fair he was signed while gray was still in charge. I have no doubt whatsoever that he was a Carlos signing with DC in preparation for him taking over

Jen was signed in the January on Carlos was appointed in the June.

Dont think this was the case at all mate 

On 19/05/2017 at 14:46, daveyboy66 said:

maybe if McGugan put some effort in training he might make the bench ( if we have four or five injuries ) but no ones holding their breath because the idle t@ has shown no sign of doing that

And you know that for a fact do you? 

well whatever the reason  it was stupid not to sort it out between themselves  and play him ,a fit and raring to go McGoogan could have made the difference many times over the season and i feel freezing him out was a bad call

,when picking your strongest team sentiment should not come ino it tbh ,all that matters is winning the points , then if they don't talk after the game then fair enough , but at least play your best players if you know they are capable as we know Mc Googan can be on his day

Sorry Trev but I disagree. When he played against Cardiff in Milans last game apart from the first 10 minutes I reckon we did more work than him sat in the stands. we were warned he was a lazy sod and its been proved to be true. If the rumours are true he was offered loan deals and turned them down That is not a player who wants to prove himself, he had the perfect opportunity to stick two fingers up at Carlos and his detractors and didn't take it.

2 minutes ago, darra said:

Sorry Trev but I disagree. When he played against Cardiff in Milans last game apart from the first 10 minutes I reckon we did more work than him sat in the stands. we were warned he was a lazy sod and its been proved to be true. If the rumours are true he was offered loan deals and turned them down That is not a player who wants to prove himself, he had the perfect opportunity to stick two fingers up at Carlos and his detractors and didn't take it.

If true, it smacks of a player driven by money , not playing football. 

On 19/05/2017 at 14:57, brett11 said:

As crazy as football is, Mcgugan is only a management appointment away from being a mainstay in our team again, he's good enough undoubtedly, he's just not fancied under the current set up. 

However I think Carlos will stay and we'll never see him again, I have it on good authority that Mcgugan and Kelvin Wilson would like nothing more than to finish their playing days with Notts county

Not sure about being "undoubtedly". I certainly can doubt he is good enough.

22 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Hang on Nigel, SWFC is his employer. Is it not true that he was asked to fulfill a role (the number 10 job) in the side (his Chance) and he refused to play that role ? If so the manager has little alternative but to move on to his next willing participant.

Thing is tho, he then signed what I believe was a no 10 in Abdi and then played him on the wing. In fact until recently with Hooper we've not played a formation with a number 10 role. 

Regarding Melo and McGugan I've no idea what's gone off. Melo has been injured or not fit all his time here and McGugan seems to have had problems at every club he's been at. 

I'd say cut our losses and try to get rid 

Edited by Blueblood

7 hours ago, gizowl said:

H How can you say mcgugan is done here when jones and semado make appearances?Too many player's have been isolated at the club recently,this is wrong and disrespectful to the club's fund's,if you don't want a player, you still keep him involved wherever possible,keep him fit and hopefully another club will come calling.

Because he's played no football in a year. I believe he has only played 2 games for the U23's in a year. How is that a player who is trying to get into the first team squad?

Also to compare him with Jones is a nonsense. Top quality player and top quality professional, done well for us this season and Semedo is a completely different player.

3 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Carlos clearly said that a player in the club who we all knew was McGugan said he couldn't play in the role Carlos wanted him to play. That was on Radio Sheffield.

the player wasn't named we all assumed