15 hours ago, sage owl said:

Your either Lewis dad or a complete sh@t stirrer lets leave it up to the forum to decide.

No I ain't his dad, just a fan of his like way he knocks ball about suberb at free kicks etc scores a few .he was a big fan favourite suddenly just cause Carlos don't want him he gets so much stick, football is a business and is a short career as a footballer so no player breaks a big contract to go elsewhere for less money.  What we should have done is loan him out and pay half his wages good for both parties until a new manager decides if he wants him here or not

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

No I ain't his dad, just a fan of his like way he knocks ball about suberb at free kicks etc scores a few .he was a big fan favourite suddenly just cause Carlos don't want him he gets so much stick, football is a business and is a short career as a footballer so no player breaks a big contract to go elsewhere for less money.  What we should have done is loan him out and pay half his wages good for both parties until a new manager decides if he wants him here or not

What if we tried to loan him out but he refused to go ?. Which is obviously his prerogative.

I'd love to know the full story on why he's frozen out I can't see any manager denying themselves a potentially decent player for no good reason.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

But the rumour is that he was offered loan moves (2?) and turned them down. Fans of clubs he had played for came on here and warned us that he would go missing not just for games but for large chunks of the season. It was dismissed as sour grapes. Seems they might have been right.

Edited by darra

3 hours ago, darra said:

But the rumour is that he was offered loan moves (2?) and turned them down. Fans of clubs he had played for came on here and warned us that he would go missing not just for games but for large chunks of the season. It was dismissed as sour grapes. Seems they might have been right.

That might or might not be true but surely our club should do there homework on a player before we sign them.

Guest We Shall Overcome
On 19/05/2017 at 14:39, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Both contracted to us until 2018 maybe harder to shift them then we thought ? Mcgugan will never play for us again and Melo looked good few games he played maybe worth a chance ? 

So your assuming we will keep the currant coach when you say McGugan will never play for us again, you may get egg on your chin with a statement like that, and what don't you understand about Melo being a crock?, no wonder we have gone backwards this season with Pacifists like you. 

Guest We Shall Overcome

Its not McGugan who is the problem but our beloved Carlos who is a "Wolf in Sheeps Clothing"smiles a lot but so did "Ted Bundy", McGugan's crime was standing up to a bully boy who loves his yes men!!!

1 minute ago, ZIMMY said:

Its not McGugan who is the problem but our beloved Carlos who is a "Wolf in Sheeps Clothing"smiles a lot but so did "Ted Bundy", McGugan's crime was standing up to a bully boy who loves his yes men!!!

Give over Neil. There's plenty of people debating genuine points.

I agree with Grandad

McGugan has been treated disgustingly by whoever at the club whether that be the Manager (most likley) or Chairman or someone else whatever

All we have to go on are rumours yet a lot of posters absolutely bash the flip out of him

Problems at his old clubs? Never heard of them, oh and he played a full season when Watford were promoted and up to November in the prem with them before being sold (probably because they had better players)

And if the rumours are to be believed, as a poster earlier mentioned, he's apparently said that he's unable to fulfill a number 10 role. NOT REFUSE, but said he's not a number 10.

Next minute he's out in the cold and never to be seen again yet we have a player that Carlos has come out and publicly said REFUSED to play for the club ... yet still manages to play .. even when not even fully fit!

Its staggering whats happened but for all parties involved, someone needs to come out with real reasons why he's not playing or just pay him up and let him leave.

Travesty, what a waste of talent / wages etc ...

the FF situation leads me to believe there is more to this than the number 10 role, if CC can forgive an outright refusal to play he can forgive a player thinking he can't do a certain job.

Also I know another player was asked if he could play number 10 so Mcgugan may not have even been asked we all just assumed it was him

20 minutes ago, dkenyonqfc2 said:

the FF situation leads me to believe there is more to this than the number 10 role, if CC can forgive an outright refusal to play he can forgive a player thinking he can't do a certain job.

Also I know another player was asked if he could play number 10 so Mcgugan may not have even been asked we all just assumed it was him

Who's that then? (Yawn)

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

So what you're saying is that Lee was asked to play 10...said no, then Mcgugan was outlawed?

what i'm saying is Mcgugan may not have even been asked...Mcgugan started the games that first season Lee didn't

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Oh i see, a guessing game.

why is it a guessing game Lee was asked I know that for a 100% fact I don't know if Mcgugan was and neither do you

I have my own opinions on why he has been left out but that would be guessing

13 minutes ago, dkenyonqfc2 said:

why is it a guessing game Lee was asked I know that for a 100% fact I don't know if Mcgugan was and neither do you

I have my own opinions on why he has been left out but that would be guessing

Guess away..It's an open forum..

Guest Ash76
On 5/19/2017 at 22:54, Grandad said:

Our clubs treatment of McGugan has been nothing short of disgraceful

Two successful loan spells led to a clamour amongst fans for his permanent signing. We signed him, he made 5 league starts before he was left to rot in the reserves. Despite scoring plenty of league and cup goals.

Clearly a personality issue between him and Carlos (and we've seen  other signings frozen out too)

Fans jump on his back as rumours circulate, you then have a decent player treated terribly. 

Disgraceful 

It's not disgraceful, he was signed before Carlos took over because of the clamour. I, possibly one or two others suggested it would turn out to be a bad signing, that we could do better for the outlay. 

At the very least Carlos made his mind up very quickly that he wouldn't be able to trust him, can't argue with that on what I've seen or as rumoured he refused to play the role he was asked.

Someone raised FF's refusal to play and that being forgiven but no one knows what goes on behind closed doors, no one see's McGugan's reaction, attitude and body language. Forestieri made personal and public apologies very quickly, do we know what the case was with McGugan? 

Irrespective for me he's not good enough, clearly the lad can pass and shoot but his brain and body isn't quick enough on a football pitch and he's reluctant to put the work in. That has to be the minimum expectation of any professional footballer.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. We will never see Lewis McGugan playing regularly in a team challenging for promotion out of this division

1 hour ago, Hack-Abusi said:

I agree with Grandad

McGugan has been treated disgustingly by whoever at the club whether that be the Manager (most likley) or Chairman or someone else whatever

All we have to go on are rumours yet a lot of posters absolutely bash the flip out of him

Problems at his old clubs? Never heard of them, oh and he played a full season when Watford were promoted and up to November in the prem with them before being sold (probably because they had better players)

And if the rumours are to be believed, as a poster earlier mentioned, he's apparently said that he's unable to fulfill a number 10 role. NOT REFUSE, but said he's not a number 10.

Next minute he's out in the cold and never to be seen again yet we have a player that Carlos has come out and publicly said REFUSED to play for the club ... yet still manages to play .. even when not even fully fit!

Its staggering whats happened but for all parties involved, someone needs to come out with real reasons why he's not playing or just pay him up and let him leave.

Travesty, what a waste of talent / wages etc ...

Never heard of problems at his previous clubs? Go digging on the Forest and Watford forums

Him playing a full season for Watford the year they went up is nonsense, he played 6 games before being loaned to us and has never played in the Premier League.

The year before he played 37 games for Watford, their final league position? 13th