Sam Winnall...

Guest Copthorneowl
7 minutes ago, prowl said:

I've been watching the club since the 60's.

Forestieri has never played in the Premiership. The one season he was in the Premiership he never got a game. Do you seriously think he is better than Hirst, Waddle. Palmer. Des Walker, Di Canio.? Just a few of many great players.

Forestieri was fantastic for us last year in the Championship, less so this year in the Championship. Premier League how can we say, he's never played at that level, I

If you read my post and yours again you will see I did not say he was better or worse than any player you mentioned I reacted to you saying he wouldn't get in the top 100 which as far as I'm concerned is way way wide of the mark and unfair.

I readily agree he's not dominated as last year but he remains our top scorer and goal maker and the only player who can take the all out of the air beat a player in a second and put chances away ( like Cardiff) and (Villa first match) that no one in our squad and arguably in the division would be able to take. The ridicule and negativity being sent his direction is utterly out of order and unfair, and at the risk of repeating myself if he goes we will well and truly be worse off.

I keep reading how he can only play here or there he's our key forward ffs.,

Guest Copthorneowl
2 minutes ago, Dronny Owl said:

I am 

We all can be.  Sorry for that but I promised some time ago  I was done with this site but I just can't allow myself to let FF to be negged the way he is without sticking up for him.

Guest Copthorneowl
9 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I agree, prob not in the top 150

Pleasure to receive a quote from such a knowledgeable poster - you're wasted on here matey.

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Carlos was probably waiting for a scouting report from badged up OT posters before making his mind up

Not claiming to be a scout. The way Carlos has used Winnall and others had been a disgrace. Doesn't need a scouting badge for that. Just spend your hard earned and watch the insipid cack we have been served up this season. Bringing Nuihiu on full stop shows he perhaps could do with some assistance. Ask yourself why we aren't going to Wembley. Refer to the previous description of a poster on this thread. Name your band after it.

1 hour ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Have we any proof of this or is it one of those spouted "facts" that is then construed to be gospel?

What constitutes proof? There was plenty written at the time of his move why. Just what was written

1 hour ago, Copthorneowl said:

If you read my post and yours again you will see I did not say he was better or worse than any player you mentioned I reacted to you saying he wouldn't get in the top 100 which as far as I'm concerned is way way wide of the mark and unfair.

I readily agree he's not dominated as last year but he remains our top scorer and goal maker and the only player who can take the all out of the air beat a player in a second and put chances away ( like Cardiff) and (Villa first match) that no one in our squad and arguably in the division would be able to take. The ridicule and negativity being sent his direction is utterly out of order and unfair, and at the risk of repeating myself if he goes we will well and truly be worse off.

I keep reading how he can only play here or there he's our key forward ffs.,

Got to completely disagree the final line.

He is absolutely not our key forward as a striker. The team scoring record is just awful when he's there. His too btw.

13 hours ago, Thorpski said:

I cannot imagine how Sam Winnall is feeling at the moment.... When he signed for us he had scored 11 league goals for Barnsley, but he obviously saw us an opportunity to further develop his career. A few weeks after he signs we then sign Rhodes and it must of being clear that he was going to drop down the selection pecking order. He played really well against his old club but then gets totally dropped from the squad, then with 10 min to go on Wednesday night, he has to suffer the ignominy and humiliation of Nuhui being sent on to save the day for us. I know that in modern professional football there is little room for sentiment but l do feel really sorry for this young man.... who came to our club with the best of intentions and has been given little opportunity to show his talents .... I am a bit ashamed about how we have treated him and tbh l am sure he probably really regrets joining us now.

A travesty, for sure. 

13 hours ago, Thorpski said:

I cannot imagine how Sam Winnall is feeling at the moment.... When he signed for us he had scored 11 league goals for Barnsley, but he obviously saw us an opportunity to further develop his career. A few weeks after he signs we then sign Rhodes and it must of being clear that he was going to drop down the selection pecking order. He played really well against his old club but then gets totally dropped from the squad, then with 10 min to go on Wednesday night, he has to suffer the ignominy and humiliation of Nuhui being sent on to save the day for us. I know that in modern professional football there is little room for sentiment but l do feel really sorry for this young man.... who came to our club with the best of intentions and has been given little opportunity to show his talents .... I am a bit ashamed about how we have treated him and tbh l am sure he probably really regrets joining us now.

Totally agree. He deserves better. This thread is about Sam. If people want to discuss FF start another thread and talk about him apparently refusing to play at Norwich and the consequence of that against is at at times brilliance.

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

I agree, prob not in the top 150

Watching them since the 60s also and I would agree with this. It's ridiculous to try and put him up there with the legends of the past who not only played in the very top league (something FF has never done and probably never will) but also excelled in it. 

7 minutes ago, Almat said:

Watching them since the 60s also and I would agree with this. It's ridiculous to try and put him up there with the legends of the past who not only played in the very top league (something FF has never done and probably never will) but also excelled in it. 

yep .....colin west scored more top flight goals than FF .....good player nando but top 100 is pushing it

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Deceptively quick.

At Florist he murdered their full-back for pace, especially over longer runs.

Speaking of Forest....John Robertson. Now there was a lad with zero pace. Or fitness. Quick over a foot though and superb delivery!!

13 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Winnall scored loads of headers for Barnsley, but we've never got the best out of him.

When he has played he's been too deep and that's not his game.

Its a regular theme under Carlos. We sign Abdi who is better than anything we have in midfield and play him out of position(if at all), we sign the best striker in the league don't give him service and make him look bang average, we sign Winnall who at the time was one of the top scorers in the league and again dont play him or dont play to his strengths and overlook him completely when the game is crying out for only to bring on the worst striker in our squad.

Like others have said, a new manager will get better out of these players.