Sam Winnall...

4 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

He'll play more next season. 

If we can keep all four of

Hooper

Rhodes

Fletcher

Winnall

we will be in wonderful shape. Even an injury here and there will still leave us with enough superb strikers.

No FF in this list of course. Needs to play wide or not at all. Ruins our balance.

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

But he never gets the chance to do that while he's isolated up front does he?

Personally I think he will be the one to go this summer to help balance the books a bit. In today's market we could easily bring in £8m - £10m and I think now is the perfect time to cash in.

If we are all really honest about it, it just hasn't been the same since the Norwich incident. He doesn't seem as happy, he's been nowhere near the player he was last season IMO. A move is probably best for everyone.

I personally think hes best on left wing, but what do i know

He should have come on early but at the very least for the last 5 mins, (Swap with FF) even if just for pens.

But for whatever reason he left him on the bench, I just didn't get the idea.

I suppose easy in hindsight but most could see the plan or lack of a plan was not working. Hudds were not that good, right players right plan would not have been that difficult to beat them. Very very frustrating.

Can't see Fletcher being the first choice striker under a new Manager / Head Coach, Winall and Rhodes with Forestieri playing on the left for me, exactly how we should have set up after Wallaces injury on Wednesday night .

4 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

Can't see Fletcher being the first choice striker under a new Manager / Head Coach, Winall and Rhodes with Forestieri playing on the left for me, exactly how we should have set up after Wallaces injury on Wednesday night .

Fletcher - goal every 200 minutes this season. Best in the club.

Looked a totally different animal played with a fellow striker, as did the team.

He has been criticised all season. Unfairly.

FIVE GOALS IN THE LAST SEVEN GAMES - WE SHOULD BE REJOICING HIM.

Edited by Holmowl

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

If we can keep all four of

Hooper

Rhodes

Fletcher

Winnall

we will be in wonderful shape. Even an injury here and there will still leave us with enough superb strikers.

No FF in this list of course. Needs to play wide or not at all. Ruins our balance.

Yeah but that's what we had this season? (since Feb) No use having the meat and hiding them under the potatoes

Can't help feeling that the buying of Winnall, whilst being IMO a good signing, was a little bit of a panic when it looked like Rhodes wouldn't sign.. Unfortunately, we were left with   players of similar type. I must say that, so far, Winnall is the better of the two bargains, and he is a player to persevere with. Rhodes does not seem to add to our set-up, and has not been the 'worker' that Winnall is. He disappoints me, despite my giving him time to settle.  

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Fletcher - goal every 200 minutes this season. Best in the club.

Looked a totally different animal played with a fellow striker, as did the team.

He has been criticised all season. Unfairly.

That's as maybe, still doesn't alter the fact I don't believe he'd be another gaffers first choice.

2 hours ago, Saxondale said:

But he never gets the chance to do that while he's isolated up front does he?

Personally I think he will be the one to go this summer to help balance the books a bit. In today's market we could easily bring in £8m - £10m and I think now is the perfect time to cash in.

If we are all really honest about it, it just hasn't been the same since the Norwich incident. He doesn't seem as happy, he's been nowhere near the player he was last season IMO. A move is probably best for everyone.

Sadly I agree , it's been said he prefers to play down the middle but when we do he never truly gels with anybody.

And as We are committed to buying Rhodes his sale would help balance the books .

This summers transfer business is the most important for some time , get it right we get promoted, get it wrong and we may start heading down a different road with our previous spending coming back to bite us. 

2 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Winnall scored loads of headers for Barnsley, but we've never got the best out of him.

When he has played he's been too deep and that's not his game.

I spoke to a guy at Barnsley in January and he said we wouldn't do anything with us because how we play, winnall needs service crosses ,wingers getting to byline and cross , plz chansiri get a new manager in who will do this then fletcher Rhodes winnall hooper will all thrive .

4 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Yeah but that's what we had this season? (since Feb) No use having the meat and hiding them under the potatoes

If he pushed FF to the left hand edge of the dish would be well balanced and deeply satisfying.

All needs to be settled quickly, team and management. Or we will end up with the usual...the new gaffer needs time, needs to find his best team. New players need time to gel etc etc..before you know it, it's xmas and end up like Derby, Birmingham, Villa

Winnall has impressed me a hell of lot more than Rhodes has . He looks like a proper championship player, ready to get stuck in and keep trying for 90+ minutes and is not short on ability either.

I think the four of Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes and Winnall  are needed for the big push for automatic promotion next season. Inevitably there will be injuries but we can almost guarantee two quality strikers on the pitch.

Forestieri is a hell of a player if you go by individual talent, clearly our best, but at the end of the day I just don't think he fits into our team anymore. You certainly can't have him and Abdi in the same side. I would shake hands with Fessi and ' cash in the chips'  ( I actually would have done this in January).

If all our players are fit, there are many difficult decisions to make with the midfield and forwards. Letting FF go will not damage us too much as a team.

3 hours ago, Thorpski said:

I cannot imagine how Sam Winnall is feeling at the moment.... When he signed for us he had scored 11 league goals for Barnsley, but he obviously saw us an opportunity to further develop his career. A few weeks after he signs we then sign Rhodes and it must of being clear that he was going to drop down the selection pecking order. He played really well against his old club but then gets totally dropped from the squad, then with 10 min to go on Wednesday night, he has to suffer the ignominy and humiliation of Nuhui being sent on to save the day for us. I know that in modern professional football there is little room for sentiment but l do feel really sorry for this young man.... who came to our club with the best of intentions and has been given little opportunity to show his talents .... I am a bit ashamed about how we have treated him and tbh l am sure he probably really regrets joining us now.

For me Rhodes looks the quality player he is when he has Winnall alongside him . We have to play to Rhodes strengths ,and for me Winnall is the partner he needs. 

2 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Failed??

Hes been our top scorer two seasons running. 

Only at swfc do we have fans that think our top scorer is a failure. Not long back we only had Nuhiu to score goals, he's had dogs abuse for not scoring enough. Now we have someone who does score, he's not good enough either. 

Top scorer yes, but hes not a big game player, his reputation proceedes him wherever he goes, is there any wonder with his antics that he never gets any decisions? Players have worked him out, refs have worked him out and being kept quiet in both legs by a donkey.

Never said not good enough, hes got talent in abundance, but has he got the right attitude? I'm not so sure