Sam Winnall...

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

No I didn't say it would.

I dearly want FF left. I said if he doesn't play left the system would need ripping up to accommodate FF. 

Problem is, he doesn't like playing left. That's why left Watford. He wants to play in the hole (don't we all). We don't have a hole in our team

9 hours ago, longreach said:

xx   Now why would you want Forestieri to go?  He's possibly one of the best players SWFC have ever had on their books.

He wouldn't even make the top 100.

He was great last year, a very good Championship player. This year he's been good in patches but not consistent and even then rarely as dynamic as last season.

We have a long history of top flight football and he's nothing like the standard of the top players of the past. Waddle, Hirst, Lane. Dooley,  Fantham, Swan, the list goes on and on.

It's easy to forget our proud history.

A trip down memory lane....

http://www.premierleagueheroes.com/sheffield-wednesday/

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Is there anyone we've missed out in this scapegoat thread ? I thought the tea lady was pants it was because of her that Huddersfield scored all them goals against us

I will be honest when l started this thread it wasn't intended as a scapegoat thread, all l was trying to say was that we bought a player who was fit and in form and probably buzzing at the thought of joining a club like Sheffield Wednesday and somehow along the way we have managed to knock the stuffing out of him... l just feel that if we did not want Sam Winnall we shouldn't have bought him... 

Guest Copthorneowl
19 minutes ago, prowl said:

He wouldn't even make the top 100.

He was great last year, a very good Championship player. This year he's been good in patches but not consistent and even then rarely as dynamic as last season.

We have a long history of top flight football and he's nothing like the standard of the top players of the past. Waddle, Hirst, Lane. Dooley,  Fantham, Swan, the list goes on and on.

It's easy to forget our proud history.

A trip down memory lane....

http://www.premierleagueheroes.com/sheffield-wednesday/

"Wouldnt make the top 100" !!!! Utter crap, I had the privilege of growing up watching Fantham, Swan, Tony Kay and many many others. I played football and cricket with David Layne and I'm old enough to go through them all one by one even Bobby Craig so to  say he wouldn't get in the top 100 is a million miles wide of the mark from someone who saw them all. You clearly didn't and need to look em up on the Internet.

Hes played the last five or six matches with a knee injury but never complained. I don't need to read your thread on memory lane I was there as they say -you clearly do.  For the record his treatment and the negative non forgiving posts he getting from many on here  given his contribution on the pitch over the last two years for this club are nothing short of a disgrace.

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Another player Carlos has ruined. Was the league's in form striker when he joined. Scores a few goals and Carlos inexplicably drops him. 

Scored more headers than anyone else in the league (so I'm told), how many quality crosses do we put in the box? He also seems to be played in some strange position on the left at times too. In my opinion he shouldn't be tracking back as much as he is, although it can be argued that it's a good thing. 

Guest Copthorneowl
45 minutes ago, Dronny Owl said:

I've never questioned his ability or skill, I'm just saying he's a mardy arse, he knows he's not going to get any decisions, as we all do, so just get on with it, stop moaning on the floor and do something, he wasn't the only one chasing people down and busting a gut for the team either, Hutch and Bannan do it quite regular. 

If he got over himself, and got on with his job he'd be a lot better off. 

Read all your posts in this thread and you sound like a mardy arse.

6 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

"Wouldnt make the top 100" !!!! Utter crap, I had the privilege of growing up watching Fantham, Swan, Tony Kay and many many others. I played football and cricket with David Layne and I'm old enough to go through them all one by one even Bobby Craig so to  say he wouldn't get in the top 100 is a million miles wide of the mark from someone who saw them all. You clearly didn't and need to look em up on the Internet.

Hes played the last five or six matches with a knee injury but never complained. I don't need to read your thread on memory lane I was there as they say -you clearly do.  For the record his treatment and the negative non forgiving posts he getting from many on here  given his contribution on the pitch over the last two years for this club are nothing short of a disgrace.

And played 120 minutes ad then stood up to take a pen...but you're right he'd be a few places behind McCalliog lol 

Looking at players like Sam Winnall and the way we have treat them, seems not morally right. I dont know what the conversation was to get him to sign but I'm sure if it was along the lines of how he's actually been used he wouldn't have signed, or asked for an extra £5k a week for his troubles. These are the things that irk me about Carlos. People at Barnsley said he wouldn't shine in our team because we don't cross. If the so called numpty Barnsley fans can see it why can't Carlos?

11 hours ago, Thorpski said:

I cannot imagine how Sam Winnall is feeling at the moment.... When he signed for us he had scored 11 league goals for Barnsley, but he obviously saw us an opportunity to further develop his career. A few weeks after he signs we then sign Rhodes and it must of being clear that he was going to drop down the selection pecking order. He played really well against his old club but then gets totally dropped from the squad, then with 10 min to go on Wednesday night, he has to suffer the ignominy and humiliation of Nuhui being sent on to save the day for us. I know that in modern professional football there is little room for sentiment but l do feel really sorry for this young man.... who came to our club with the best of intentions and has been given little opportunity to show his talents .... I am a bit ashamed about how we have treated him and tbh l am sure he probably really regrets joining us now.

good post,how must he have felt when crap Nuhui came on before him is beyond me,Winnall is also a penalty taker,another carlos boob

8 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

I'd love to know what he was thinking when Nuhiu got the call to come on, and not him.

Absolutely ludicrous move by CC.

For me, Winnall should have been on the pitch - from much earlier on that extra time too.

Barnsley fan at work said Sky panned across our bench and focused on him. Looked gutted near to tears. Don't know if this is true, but it all seems to be going a bit pear shaped. I was really pleased when he signed as well. Was happy to miss out on Rhodes at that time. Hindsight and all that :wacko:

Guest Copthorneowl
3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

And played 120 minutes ad then stood up to take a pen...but you're right he'd be a few places behind McCalliog lol 

You're 100 % correct matey Jim McCalliog was a great player in his prime and lived in a yellow submarine with the rest of us.

4 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Looking at players like Sam Winnall and the way we have treat them, seems not morally right. I dont know what the conversation was to get him to sign but I'm sure if it was along the lines of how he's actually been used he wouldn't have signed, or asked for an extra £5k a week for his troubles. These are the things that irk me about Carlos. People at Barnsley said he wouldn't shine in our team because we don't cross. If the so called numpty Barnsley fans can see it why can't Carlos?

Carlos was probably waiting for a scouting report from badged up OT posters before making his mind up

7 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

I've been watching the club since the 60's.

Forestieri has never played in the Premiership. The one season he was in the Premiership he never got a game. Do you seriously think he is better than Hirst, Waddle. Palmer. Des Walker, Di Canio.? Just a few of many great players.

Forestieri was fantastic for us last year in the Championship, less so this year in the Championship. Premier League how can we say, he's never played at that level, I

11 hours ago, Thorpski said:

I cannot imagine how Sam Winnall is feeling at the moment.... When he signed for us he had scored 11 league goals for Barnsley, but he obviously saw us an opportunity to further develop his career. A few weeks after he signs we then sign Rhodes and it must of being clear that he was going to drop down the selection pecking order. He played really well against his old club but then gets totally dropped from the squad, then with 10 min to go on Wednesday night, he has to suffer the ignominy and humiliation of Nuhui being sent on to save the day for us. I know that in modern professional football there is little room for sentiment but l do feel really sorry for this young man.... who came to our club with the best of intentions and has been given little opportunity to show his talents .... I am a bit ashamed about how we have treated him and tbh l am sure he probably really regrets joining us now.

He has been quite dignified, hope he gets the chance he deserves cause hes done no wrong