Sam Winnall...

16 minutes ago, oasismark said:

No way, only attacker who can run at a defence from midfield and worry them.

all the rest need service in the box (which we arnt really giving, apart from Bannan)

But he never gets the chance to do that while he's isolated up front does he?

Personally I think he will be the one to go this summer to help balance the books a bit. In today's market we could easily bring in £8m - £10m and I think now is the perfect time to cash in.

If we are all really honest about it, it just hasn't been the same since the Norwich incident. He doesn't seem as happy, he's been nowhere near the player he was last season IMO. A move is probably best for everyone.

28 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

why? 

Failed to deliver at Watford, failed here over 2 seasons unfortunately, he's a fans favourite, I get it but you cannot let your heart lead your head. It's unfortunate though because he won't be worth half as much as he was start of last season. 

Sometimes you have to 'sacrifice a lamb'

I think Winnall was signed as insurance. If the Rhodes deal didn't get over the line we'd signed a good player for 500k. it was a no brainer. I'm sure he'll feature more next season after we've got rid of Atdhe and loaned out Joao again. 

6 minutes ago, Dronny Owl said:

Failed to deliver at Watford, failed here over 2 seasons unfortunately, he's a fans favourite, I get it but you cannot let your heart lead your head. It's unfortunate though because he won't be worth half as much as he was start of last season. 

Failed??

Hes been our top scorer two seasons running. 

Only at swfc do we have fans that think our top scorer is a failure. Not long back we only had Nuhiu to score goals, he's had dogs abuse for not scoring enough. Now we have someone who does score, he's not good enough either. 

27 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

But he never gets the chance to do that while he's isolated up front does he?

Personally I think he will be the one to go this summer to help balance the books a bit. In today's market we could easily bring in £8m - £10m and I think now is the perfect time to cash in.

If we are all really honest about it, it just hasn't been the same since the Norwich incident. He doesn't seem as happy, he's been nowhere near the player he was last season IMO. A move is probably best for everyone.

I agree he will be most likely off to pastures new but don't agree about it being the best time to sell. That would have been after NorwichGate, where I'm confident the bidding could have got as high as 12-15 mill...

1 hour ago, Thorpski said:

I cannot imagine how Sam Winnall is feeling at the moment.... When he signed for us he had scored 11 league goals for Barnsley, but he obviously saw us an opportunity to further develop his career. A few weeks after he signs we then sign Rhodes and it must of being clear that he was going to drop down the selection pecking order. He played really well against his old club but then gets totally dropped from the squad, then with 10 min to go on Wednesday night, he has to suffer the ignominy and humiliation of Nuhui being sent on to save the day for us. I know that in modern professional football there is little room for sentiment but l do feel really sorry for this young man.... who came to our club with the best of intentions and has been given little opportunity to show his talents .... I am a bit ashamed about how we have treated him and tbh l am sure he probably really regrets joining us now.

I agree mate I don't understand how a player scores a goal 1 week then rewarded with bench the week after for me that is no good on confidence. Feel sorry for the lad I believe a new man in charge will bring the real Rhodes and the real winnall back. 

3 minutes ago, Almat said:

I agree he will be most likely off to pastures new but don't agree about it being the best time to sell. That would have been after NorwichGate, where I'm confident the bidding could have got as high as 12-15 mill...

Well yeah, I mean going forward. No point wating until his contract runs down.

1 hour ago, Thorpski said:

I cannot imagine how Sam Winnall is feeling at the moment.... When he signed for us he had scored 11 league goals for Barnsley, but he obviously saw us an opportunity to further develop his career. A few weeks after he signs we then sign Rhodes and it must of being clear that he was going to drop down the selection pecking order. He played really well against his old club but then gets totally dropped from the squad, then with 10 min to go on Wednesday night, he has to suffer the ignominy and humiliation of Nuhui being sent on to save the day for us. I know that in modern professional football there is little room for sentiment but l do feel really sorry for this young man.... who came to our club with the best of intentions and has been given little opportunity to show his talents .... I am a bit ashamed about how we have treated him and tbh l am sure he probably really regrets joining us now.

Great post, it highlights a serious failing on CC,s part.

2 hours ago, Thorpski said:

Look before you leap...