Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

Tom Ince could be heading to Huddersfield on loan?

Jota could be heading to Newcastle but other top flight clubs are interested. With Snodgrass refusing to drop down to the Championship, it remains to be seen who we will go for it we do bring in a winger?

Hull are after Dean Windass' son Josh Windass from Rangers.

Warnock pulled out of signing Johnny Hayes, then criticised Aberdeen, looks like he's set to join Celtic.

Sam Johnstone is close to replacing Pickford at Sunderland from Man United. Aberdeen manager and ex Bristol City Derek McInnes is close to becoming Sunderland's new manager.

Real Madrid legend Fernando Hierro is strangely the favourite to become Leeds' new manager.

14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The fact that that particular combination of words even exists tells you how mental football in this country has become.

Yeah, it is crazy obscene amounts of money around.

Villa may still be interested in Cairney even at that absurd price! I think we can now understand why we're having to be a little patient. The likes of Middlesbrough; Sunderland, Hull, Villa and Derby, and others are looking like spending big. And most of the promotion challengers like us, are after similar players. Once a few others gamble it may leave the door open for us? Although these things take time, it would be beneficial to get the players we need in early to try and hit the ground running. I still think we should look at loaning in some young top flight talent.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

13 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Keogh probably is slightly better than Loovens but after being linked with better CB I hope we go for them instead of Keogh. 

Ayala of whatever he is called would have been a top purchase no way munk Calgon will sell him now

9 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Heard a great one today. Apparently according to a Blunt at work, with the sale of Maguire to Leicester, Dem Blades will get 1.5 million and will bid for Winnall.

lol Love to see them try.

take it with a sell on fee tbh

West Bromwich Albion are interested in signing former striker Chris Wood from Leeds United.

Huddersfield Town are also reported to be interested in bringing Wood the short distance to the Terriers, but Tony Pulis’ men are said to be in the driving seat.

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Yes I spotted that. 

Doesnt get injured or suspended. Plays 40+ games, full 90 minutes, and trusted as first-choice by Rowett, Clement, McLaren and Clough. Derby's defensive record has been decent, conceding similar totals to us.

He will be 31 at the start of the season. Three years younger than Glenn.

I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion if any better than Loovens, but he will have to be some player to be an improvement on a fine CB.

Also, he (Keogh) seems to be allowed to use his hands to stop the ball going in the net, which is always a bonus:duntmatter:.

40 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Heard a great one today. Apparently according to a Blunt at work, with the sale of Maguire to Leicester, Dem Blades will get 1.5 million and will bid for Winnall.

lol Love to see them try.

This was on twitter yesterday.

IMG_9687.PNG

1 hour ago, modboy said:

take it with a sell on fee tbh

It wouldn't even cover our costs on him. We'd have to pay Barnsley that if we went up anyway.

Whilst all the focus is on Rhodes I think Winnall could have another good season, he's less bothered about the approach play and just wants to get a shot away. He's not as polished as the others but that desperation to score is great.