Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

1 minute ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Wisdom a right back so means nothing but another good signing to add to Curtis Davies for derby. Keogh is arguably better than loovens but not by much , could do with better really unless we sign him + 1 other.

I'll argue that he's not as good as Loovens.  Looks like a cart horse sometimes. 

7 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Hull are linked with Burnley's goalscoring midfielder enforcer Scott Arfield, he would be a very good signing, and would suit us

Yeah good player Arfield is 

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I refuse to believe we would do that

If Carlos believes that Keogh is the answer to partner Lees than I won't complain. 

Signing a new first choice centre back whether we agree with him or not is a step in the right direction. 

38 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If Carlos believes that Keogh is the answer to partner Lees than I won't complain. 

Signing a new first choice centre back whether we agree with him or not is a step in the right direction. 

Well look, it is about opinions, but signing Keogh, to me at least, is not a step in the right direction. The only thing that appeals to me, is his leadership skills. 

Monk will decide Ayala's future after pre season friendlies? Then would he sell to a rival?

Warnock won't sell their club captain to us?

Hanley wasn't good enough for Newcastle + poor Injury record?

Keogh showed consistency and it looks like he's available.

and we've always got Sammy Hutch 

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well look, it is about opinions, but signing Keogh, to me at least, is not a step in the right direction. The only thing that appeals to me, is his leadership skills. 

Might be the only thing that appeals to Carlos aswell. that and the extra decisions we will give with him moaning at the ref.

Last season not signing a top centre back was the wrong thing to do. At least we are putting that right. 

Ayala is my preference. But like I said if its good enough for Carlos, its good enough for me.

2 hours ago, owls_wawaw said:

seriously guys why are we not into our targets that should have been highlighted along time ago already??? why are we always delaying signings every single bloody transfer window argggggg. we will still be signing players in august again 

1 hour ago, Owling said:

How do you know the club hasn't all ready agreed a couple of signings.

Because as we all know the club would have posted on owlstalk telling us exactly what their transfer business was. 

I've not rated keogh for the last few years. To me he looks like he always has a mistake or two in him. If we are raiding Derby after the wisdom signing I'd take Christie. A good fullback always on the attack.

Although looking at my preferred shopping list (jota or Lawrence, Williams or Irvine, ayala, Christie, plus a young cb with promise and young prem kid on loan as a game changer from the bench) I think I'm gonna be disappointed haha.... 

Edited by splan80
Spelling

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Can I be the first to boo Keough

I hate players that are up the referee's arse, and Keough is one of those

Don't worry, the DUP will soon put a stop to that kind of behaviour! 

WTF: